Amtrak cancelling train service due to Irene
Published 12:00 am Thursday, August 25, 2011
As Hurricane Irene continues to progress, Amtrak is canceling train service for Friday, Saturday and Sunday operating south of Washington. Additional cancellations may be necessary in the coming days as the major storm moves north. Currently, service on the Northeast Corridor is not affected.
The following cancellations have been made for origination dates of Friday, Aug. 26, Saturday, Aug. 27 and Sunday, Aug. 28:
• Auto Train Trains 52 and 53 (Sanford, Fla. – Lorton, Va.)
• Silver Star Trains 91 and 92 (New York -Tampa – Miami), canceled New York to Jacksonville; train will operate between Jacksonville and Miami
• Silver Meteor Trains 97 and 98 (New York – Miami)
• Palmetto Train 89 (New York – Savannah)
The following cancellations have been made for origination dates of Saturday, Aug. 27 and Sunday, Aug. 28:
• Carolinian Trains 79 and 80 (New York – Cary, N.C.)
• Palmetto Train 90 (New York – Savannah)
Amtrak regrets any inconvenience. This information is correct as of 11 a.m. today. Information is subject to change as conditions warrant. Passengers are encouraged to call 800-USA-RAIL or visit Amtrak.com for schedule information and train status updates.