• Community Blood Center blood drive, 3-5:30 p.m., St. Mark’s Lutheran Church, 326 N. Main St., China Grove.
• Kannapolis City Council 6 p.m. at the train station, 201 S. Main St.
TUESDAY, July 26
•TOPS Weight loss support group, weigh-in 5:30 p.m., meeting 6 p.m. every Tuesday. 112 E. Main St., Rockwell (Rachel’s Auction building). Guests welcome age 7 and up. Membership $26/year plus $2 weekly dues. Denise, 704-279-5164.
• Rowan County Summer Blood Drive, 7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m., Salisbury Civic Center, 315 S Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. For an appointment, call the Red Cross Office 704-633-3854.
• Artist’s Night Out — 5:30-9 p.m., second and fourth Tuesdays. July 26: Free, drop in, join other artists in a night of creativity, bring your own art or craft, supplies, personal beverage and snack. Before your first meeting, send your name, address, phone, email and type of art or craft to email@example.com. We will get back in touch with you to confirm your first meeting. Looking Glass Artist Collective, 405 N. Lee St.704-633-ARTS, www.salisburyartists.com.
WEDNESDAY, July 27
• New Member Orientation for TRU (Tobacco Reality Unfiltered): Recruitment ice cream social for interested youth interested in joining Youth In Action Against Tobacco Council, Rowan Public Library Hurley Meeting Room, 6:30-8 p.m., grades 6-12.
• Community Blood Center blood drive, 1-6:30 p.m., Daimler TMP, 11550 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland.
THURSDAY, July 28
• New member orientation for TRU. Recruitment session and lunch provided at Rowan Public Library 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Hurley Meeting Room, grades 6-12.
• Crossroads Classic Bike Race, sponsored by Prevent Child Abuse Rowan
• Piedmont Players’ “The Prisoner of Second Avenue,” July 28-30 and Aug 3-6 at 7:30 p.m., and July 31 at 2:30 p.m., Meroney Theater, 213 S. Main St. Adults $12, students and seniors $10. Aug. 2 is value night, all tickets $10. 704-633-5471.
FRIDAY, July 29
• TRU retreat for youth in grades 6-12 interested in joining youth council, Hurley Room at Rowan Public Library 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
• Kannapolis Beach Music Festival, 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, Village Park.
• East Square ghost walk and investigation — 7 p.m., Friday, July 29, $15 per person •Original ghost walk: 7:30 and 8:30 p.m., adults $10, students $5. 130 W. Innes St., reservations/information 704-642-1734 firstname.lastname@example.org.
SATURDAY, July 30
• Spencer Circus Train — 7:30 p.m. every Saturday through July 30: Puppets, animals, songs, games, free snow cones at Library Park, 3rd Street in Spencer, sponsored by Spencer Central UMC for 13th year. Bring blanket or lawn chair, 704-636-4101.
SUNDAY, July 31
• Red Cross Blood Drive, 1:30-6 p.m., Mt. Moriah Lutheran Church, 750 Mt. Moriah Church Road, China Grove. For an appointment, call Sharon Hodges 704-857-0547
MONDAY, Aug. 1
• Rowan County Board of Commissioners, 3 p.m., 130 W. Innes St.
• Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners, 3:30 p.m., 65 Church St. SE, Concord.
• East Spencer Town Board of Aldermen, 6:30 p.m., Town Hall.
• Landis Town Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
• Cleveland Town Board of Commissioners, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
• Granite Quarry Town Board of Aldermen, 7 p.m., Town Hall.
FRIDAY, Aug. 5
• Summer Night Out, Downtown Salisbury.
SALISBURY — Clyde Harriss’ corner of the world off Briggs Road is perfect, even on a wilting July day. A... read more