Published 12:00 am Monday, June 27, 2011
• Red Cross Blood Drive, 2:30-7 p.m., St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 205 St. Paul Church Road, Salisbury. Walk-ins welcome.
• Kannapolis City Council, 6 p.m., Kannapolis Train Station, 201 S. Main St.
• Faith Fourth of July celebration begins, dollar night (all rides $1); Food booths and rides open at 6 p.m., live music at 7:30 p.m., wrestling at 8 p.m. Continues through July 4.
• Rowan County Planning Board, 7 p.m., Rowan County Administrative Offices, 100 block of West Innes St.
• Summer Exhibition “In The Details,” through Aug. 13, Waterworks Visual Art Center. Gallery hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday, Wednesday, Friday; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday, Thursday; 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Saturday.
• RPL and N.C. Humanities present “Still Cookin’ ” — Headquarters, 7 p.m. Dr. Mary Ellis Gibson will trace the history of Southern food in cookbooks and in fiction. A reception and a chance to chat with Gibson will follow. This project is made possible by a grant from the North Carolina Humanities Council.
• Book Bites Club — 6:30 p.m., “Mountain Between Us,” by Charles Martin. Book discussion groups for both adults and children are held at South Rowan Regional Library the last Tuesday of each month. The group is open to the public and anyone is free to join at any time. There is a discussion of the book, as well as light refreshments at each meeting. For more information please call 704-216-8229.
• Red Cross Blood Drive, 2–6:30 pm, Saleeby-Fisher East Rowan YMCA, 790 Crescent Road, Rockwell. For an appointment, please call Sarah Zander or Kathy Rummage 704-279-1742.
• Thursday on Main, featuring Sea Cruz, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Veterans Park. Free. Bring chairs or blankets. Featured vendor, Chef Jeff.
• Rowan-Salisbury Board of Education, 5 p.m., 110 N. Long St., East Spencer.
• The R. A. Clement Association Annual Meeting, noon at Allen Temple Presbyterian Church, Cleveland.
• Salisbury Historic Trolley, Salisbury-Rowan County Visitors Center, 204 E. Innes St., 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Prices are $8 for adults, children 4-to-10 $5, and under 4 are free. For more info, call 800-332-2343 or 704-638-3100.
• Faith Fourth of July Celebration: food booths open at 4 p.m. Also at 4, Faith Baptist Church’s Shrine Band will perform, followed at 5 p.m. by a patriotic program. At 6 p.m., the rides open, and at 7 p.m. there will be gospel music with One Road Home, followed at 8:30 p.m. with gospel music by The Chapeleers.
• Faith Fourth of July Celebration: 10 a.m., parade with Grand Marshal Ralph Ketner, followed by flag raising and national anthem, the crowning of Miss Rowan County Veteran and music by the Salisbury Swing Band; 7 p.m., Faith Idol finals, games, watermelon-eating contest and egg toss, 8 p.m., live music by The Catalinas; 9 p.m., wrestling; 10 p.m., salute to volunteers; 10:30 p.m., fireworks.