Learn to arrange flowers April 27
The Rowan County Master Gardener Association is sponsoring a Flower Arranging Workshop on Wednesday, April 27, at the Agricultural Building on Old Concord Road in Salisbury.
The workshop will start at 10 a.m. and conclude at 12:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served. The public is invited to attend. The fee is $5, payable at the door.
The instructor for the workshop is Pat Wayne, formerly a floral designer with Salisbury Flower Shop. Wayne was one of the judges for the first Master Gardener Retro Flower Show held in 2010, and has agreed to again be a judge for the 2011 Retro Flower Show to be held on Saturday, July 9.
In order to participate in the workshop, please bring the following supplies:
• A vase or container,
• A basket with a liner or container inside,
• Any flowers that you might have in your garden,
• Different types of greenery from the yard,
• Scissors or knife and/or pruners,
• A laundry basket or box to transport the finished arrangement home, padded with a bath towel.
With these materials and instruction from Wayne, participants will be ready to create beautiful floral arrangements not only for their own homes, but to enter in this year’s Retro Flower Show. Please call Cooperative Extension to register before April 26, 704-216-8970.