Three charged with nabbing Santa
Aaron Brian Hummell, 18, Devin Richard Lynch, 22, and Megan Laura Snider, 18, were charged Dec. 12 with misdemeanor larceny of a $40 inflatable Santa decoration from Thomas Jeremy Fiello’s yard at 101 Dana Drive.
In other Police Department reports:
* A 16-year-old male reported he was assaulted by four other males Dec. 11 at Cannon Park, 600 Park Ave.
* Maurice Alexander Robinson, 27, 305 E. Fisher St., was charged Dec. 11 with communicating threats based on a complaint by Cathie Elaine Gaddy, 213 E. Lee St., No. 6. Trial date is Dec. 28.
* Tonya Leanne Thomas Hennis, 31, 215 Henderlite St., was charged Dec. 11 with misdemeanor larceny. She was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 1.
* Vandals broke a window at Papatopps, 902 S. Main St., Dec. 12. Damage totaled $300.
* Three heat pumps valued at $12,000 were stolen Dec. 12 from Pinnacle II Owners Association, at 330 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Four Salisbury Post and one Charlotte Observer newspaper boxes were stolen Dec. 12 from businesses in Salisbury.
* A $300 helmet was stolen Dec. 12 from Steelus, 1707 S. Main St.
* A counterfeit American Express Travelers check for $200 was passed Dec. 12 at Marshall’s, 375 Faith Road.
* A video game was stolen from a shelf at Prime Time Rentals, 2102 Statesville Blvd., Dec. 12.
* Roxanne File Smitley reported her vehicle was “keyed” between Dec. 10 and 12, possibly while she was at work at Salisbury High School, 500 Lincolnton Road.
* R-v Bare Kerley reported her pocketbook was stolen Dec. 12 from a shopping cart at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
* Dondi Talon Garrett, 38, was charged Dec. 12 with uttering a forged instrument at Bill Davis Racing Inc., 415 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* A 68-year-old female was the victim of a strong-arm robbery Dec. 12 at 515 E. Innes St.
* William Donald Powell reported vandals broke a window at his 64 Hill St. home Dec. 12.
* A 39-year-old man reported an armed robber stole his 1997 Dodge Caravan and some money Dec. 12 at 600B W. Liberty St.
* Thomas Jeremy Fiello, 101 Dana Drive, reported the Dec. 12 theft of an inflatable Santa Claus decoration from his yard. The decoration is valued at $40.
* Derrick J. Brown, 18, was charged Dec. 11 with robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons at 2142 Statesville Blvd.
* Lance Brandon Swearingen, 29, 201 W. 10th St., was charged Dec. 12 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Prueller Swearingen, same address. He was held pending a Dec. 14 bond hearing.
* Fredrick Bernard Hopper, 34, 938 Lincolnton Road, was charged Dec. 12 with assault on a female based on a com,plaint by Gary Lee Mills, 2305 McGee St., Kannapolis. Hopper was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 23.
* Gregory Eugene Wright, 46, 104 N. Long St., was charged Dec. 12 with felony uttering a forged instrument. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 14 first appearance in court.
* Brad Terrence Simpson, 26, 509 N. Shaver St., was charged Dec. 12 with assault by pointing a gun. He was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 22 trial date.
* Frank P. Garrett reported three Charlotte Observer newspaper boxes were stolen Dec. 13 from 929 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. They are valued at $700 each.
* Randy L. Neely reported vandals loosened lug nuts in the left front tire on his vehicle while it was parked at 416 Kincaid Road Dec. 13.
* Mamerto Alaba Cabagnot reported a burglar broke into rental property he owns at 5 Cooper St. Dec. 12 or 13 and stole a storm door.
* Leesa Danielle Eller reported items stolen during a Dec. 13 burglary at 729 Victory St.
* Kimberly Clette Mashore reported the theft of a motor vehicle from 329 S. Main St. the night of Dec. 12.
* Rebecca Jane Bulla reported her phone was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 601 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. Dec. 13.
* Billy Paul Bebber reported items missing following a burglary at his 726 S. Church St. home Dec. 13.
* Elizabeth Ann Connell, 55, 106 Elm St., was charged Dec. 13 with misdemeanor child abuse. Trial date is Jan. 29.
By Jessie Burchette Salisbury Post A man who served 16 years on the Rowan County Board of Commissioners admits he... read more