Thief pulls knife on car owner – Crime blotter
A juvenile pulled a kitchen knife on a car owner when he was confronted by the owner inside the vehicle April 21 at 209 Overman Ave., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The juvenile didn’t assault Chris Ahearn, but fled the scene with a bag of coins taken from Ahearn’s vehicle. He was caught with the knife and coins along with a female juvenile who had watched the incident.
In other Police Department reports:
– Someone broke a window in an Archtech work truck and then tried to pry the rear door open while the vehicle was parked at 420 Mildred Ave. between April 19 and 21.
– A burglar broke into three storage buildings at Harold B. Jarrett American Legion Post, 1024 Lincolnton Road, on April 22.
– A larceny was reported April 22 at a Concord Builders construction site behind 2204 S. Main St.
– Tiffany C. Simpson reported an April 22 vandalism at 703 Reeds Lane.
– A burglar stole a grass trimmer and leaf blower April 22 from a storage building at Maranatha Bible Church, 2320 Statesville Blvd.
– Tools were stolen April 22 from Edna’s Auto Sales Inc., 602 S. Main St.
– Leonard Boyce Rogers reported April 22 that money had been taken from his safe deposit box at 866 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Teodora Lopez-Islas reported items stolen during an April 22 break-in at 1027 S. Main St.
– See Vang reported an air conditioning unit stolen from 1107 Barbour St. April 21 or 22.
– A juvenile was charged April 22 with damaging property at One Love Developmental Services, 512 Klumac Road.
– Glenda Kaye Wells reported someone tried to break into her car while it was parked at Food Lion, 215 Faith Road, April 22.
– Two suspects are being sought after they pulled a gun in an attempted robbery in the Wal-Mart parking lot at 323 S. Arlington St. after midnight April 23.
– Michael Stewart Dye, 50, was charged April 20 with being a fugitive from justice at 1519 Arbor Drive.
– Jesse Lindsay Shives, 19, 926 S. Fulton St., No. 4, was charged April 22 with simple assault/simple assault and battery or affray based on a complaint by Cherekee Miller Shives, same address. He was released on a written promise to appear in court May 22.
– David Jahmel Coward, 21, was charged April 22 with carrying concealed weapons at 1249 S. Martin Luther King Ave.
– Tara Vaughn was charged April 22 with misdemeanor larceny and giving a fictitious name to a police officer at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Simans Adalberto Sanchez, 18, was charged April 23 with misdemeanor larceny and driving while impaired at Rushco No. 5, 100 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Narcotics were reported stolen April 23 from Nucare Ambulance Service, 222 Mocksville Ave.
– Two Bluetooth headsets were stolen April 23 from Verizon Wireless in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Eric Denorris Gibson reported his Apple Ipod was stolen from his vehicle while he was at work April 23 at White’s Barber Shop, 224 N. Main St.
– Douglas Dills reported an air conditioning unit was stole from 808 N. Church St. between March 23 and April 18.
– Two juveniles were charged April 23 with spray-painting the City of Salisbury office building at 217 S. Main St.
– Donald Rhoney was charged April 23 with damage to real property owned by Duke Energy at 28 Knox St.
– Vandals damaged a Catawba College mailbox at 129 W. Corriher Ave. on April 23.
– Perry Dean Henrickson reported a gun stolen April 23 from 1155 Preston Lane.
– Jason David Hollis was charged April 24 with misdemeanor larceny at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Clarence Edward Hopkins, 34, was charged April 21 with second-degree trespassing at 711 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
– Antonio Rontrell Allen, 16, was charged April 23 with vandalism to real property at 831 Poplar St.
– A juvenile was charged April 23 with misdemeanor larceny of makeup from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– A juvenile was charged April 23 with simple assault. He is accused of trying to set another female juvenile’s hair on fire on a school bus. Her hair was singed, but she was not injured.
– Shardel Chevon Simmons, 21, was charged April 24 with misdemeanor shoplifting, misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at Kmart, 815 E. Innes St., and Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St. He was also charged with simple possession of marijuana found during a vehicle search. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a May 6 trial date.
– A 24-year-old female reported April 24 that she had been the victim of a strong-arm robbery April 14 at 2480 Statesville Blvd.
– Brian Garris reported vandals damaged the cable to the camera overlooking the drive-through window at Hendrix Barbeque, 1624 W. Innes St., on April 24.
– Albert William Johnson reported his vehicle was stolen April 25 while it was parked at Club 315, 315 E. Council St.
– Jessica Marie Fox, 21, 1100 W. Fisher St., No. 16, was charged April 24 with felony larceny. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Dimisha Roberts Turner, 33, 506 N. Cedar St., No. 3, was charged April 24 with injury to personal property and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Kennith Obe Chambers, 208 Sheridan Drive. She was released on a written promise to appear in court May 14.
– Samuel Lee Archie McBryde, 29, was charged April 24 with communicating threats.
– James Fulcher Krimminger, 27, was charged April 24 with felony breaking and entering a building. He is accused of breaking into a building on Barry Eugene Chaffin’s property at 218 N. Ellis St. and stealing work tools.