South Rowan middle school students make All County Band
A number of south Rowan students were among more than 80 members of Rowan County’s Middle School Honors Band, which performed Tuesday night at Carson High School.
The concert was free and open to the public.
In November, middle school students had the opportunity to audition for the All County Honors Band. Students were asked to play an instrumental solo, scales and a sight-reading piece of music for a judge.
The judges selected approximately 88 students from Rowan-Salisbury’s seven middle schools. The students rehearsed together Monday and Tuesday with guest clinician Wendy Fullagar, who teaches music in the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools.
Southern Rowan members of the honors band are:
– Flutes: Chloe Monroe and Savannah Ware, Southeast Middle, and Jasmine Thurston, China Grove Middle.
– Clarinets: Elizabeth Bevels, Summer McIntyre, Amanda McClure and Victoria O’Neill, Southeast; and Leslie Bean and Erin Davis, Corriher-Lipe Middle.
– Bass clarinets: Aaron Kesler, China Grove, and Savannah Van Camp, Corriher-Lipe.
– Alto saxes: Jesse Chen, China Grove, and Paige Turbeville, Corriher-Lipe.
– Trumpets: Patrick Love and Jake Bernhardt, China Grove; Brian Turbeville and Jamie Parham, Corriher-Lipe; and William Nollenberger, Andrew Austin, Kevin Wong and Kristen Tajlili, Southeast.
– Trombones: Joey Frost and William Douglas, Southeast, and Alex Pinion, China Grove.
– Baritone: Angel Garcia, China Grove.
– Tuba: Michael Mesiemer, Corriher-Lipe.
– Percussion: Dalton Parrot, Christian Shuping, Phillip Wirz, Misty Parrish and Hannah Barnhardt, all from China Grove.