Sheriff's Office Blotter Burglar tears into walls to steal wire
A burglar actually tore walls at a local home to steal wire, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Barry Medinger reported Aug. 18 that the theft occurred between May 15 and July 1 at 1069 Maidstone Drive.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Anthony Jermaine Rankin was arrested Aug. 18 for felony possession of crack cocaine at 1515 S. Salisbury Ave., Midtown Apt. 7, Spencer. He was held under $1,000 bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Counterfeit money was passed Aug. 10 at Al’s Caps And More, at 905 Webb Road.
– Christine Marie Gibson reported vandals “keyed” her vehicle while it was parked at 133 Cypress Lane the night of Aug. 17.
– Angela Ball reported medication stolen from her locker while she was at work Aug. 18 at Apple Baking Co., 380 Apple Road.
– Scott Charles Johnson reported his debit card was used for two separate purchases without his permission between July 31 and Aug. 16.
– Glenn Kelly Rupp, 210 Northcrest Drive, Kannapolis, reported tools stolen from his open garage between Aug. 12 and 15.
– Kimberly Ann Lyles, 241 Hutchins Way, reported an Aug. 18 larceny at her home.
– Thomas Jacob Eller, 890 Glover Road, reported an Aug. 18 vandalism at his home.
– Robert Shehan reported a burglar broke into a rental trailer he owns at 225 Nugget Lane between Aug. 16 and 18 and stole a washing machine.
– A 24-year-old female reported she had been assaulted Aug. 18 at 585 Beaver Road, China Grove.
– Jason Scott Thomas, 30, was charged Aug. 18 with felony safecracking.
– Anthony Jermain Rankin, 32, was charged Aug. 18 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at 1515 S. Salisbury Ave., Spencer.
– Carrie Lynn Davis, 23, was charged Aug. 18 with misdemeanor larceny.
– David Clay Trexler, 32, was charged Aug. 18 with felony larceny at 3875 Statesville Blvd.
– Tracy Lynn Silcox reported she was a victim of larceny Aug. 19 at her 180 Ellis Loop Road home.
– Joseph Michael Reno, 1196 Rainwood Drive, reported his scooter stolen from his yard Aug. 18 or 19.
– Anthony Eugene Williams, 22, was charged Aug. 19 with felony larceny.
– William Allen Hall, 34, was charged Aug. 19 with simple assault at 220 Ryan Patrick Drive.