Sheriff's Office Blotter
Thief steals vehicle and storage building
This thief stole the vehicle and a metal storage building from a China Grove home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Charles Alexander Stirewalt of Kannapolis reported the thefts occurred between Jan. 7 and 18 at 980 Roy Cline Road in China Grove.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
* David Richard St. Armand, 45, 1131 Meadowcreek Drive, China Grove, was charged Jan. 18 with misdemeanor larceny and assault on a handicapped person. He was held under $5,500 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Jan. 22.
* Robert William Milstead of China Grove reported someone used his credit card fraudulently in Arizona.
* Carmon Cleo Carpenter, 19, 1 Adam St., was charged Jan. 18 with simple assault based on a complaint by Sheila D. Payne, 225 D Ave. Carpenter was released on a written promise to appear in court March 1.
* Amy Lorene Goodman, 9330 W. N.C. 152, Mooresville, reported her 2006 Scion stolen from her driveway the night of Jan. 17. The vehicle is valued at $20,000.
* Jessica Gulledge, 258 Sweet Pea Lane, reported items valued at $1,080 stolen after someone entered her home the night of Jan. 17. The intruder also let her dog out of the house.
* Ronald Benson Myers of Woodleaf reported Jan. 18 that he had received counterfeit traveler’s checks from Nigeria in the mail between Dec. 9 and Jan. 18. Along with them was a letter saying that he would receive a percentage for cashing them.
* Mary Ann Newton of Rockwell reported her debit card stolen Jan. 13 has since been used multiple times to draw money from her bank account.
* Stephanie Luann Fisher, 22, 600 Roseman Road, was charged Jan. 18 with felony larceny by employee at the Hot Spot, 5710 S. Main St. She was held under $500 secured bond pending a Jan. 22 first appearance in court.
* Martha Royston Gobble, 62, was charged Jan. 18 with simple assault based on a complaint by Jennifer Gobble, 200 Castlewood Drive, Apartment 611. Trial date is Feb. 22.
* Larry Dean Gobble, 65, 3780 Long Ferry Road, was charged Jan. 18 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Jennifer Gobble, 200 Castlewood Drive, Apartment 611. Trial date is Feb. 22.
* Shawn S. Arron, 149 Pender Lane, Mount Ulla, reported his 1974 Chevrolet Blazer valued at $900 was stolen from his driveway the night of Jan. 17.
* George Wayne Bradshaw, owner of Bebop’s, 5815 S. Main St., reported the Jan. 18 theft of a ham and hamburger meat from an unlocked cooler behind the business.
* Jason Scott Dillard, 5120 Mount Hope Church Road, reported a burglar broke into his home Jan. 18 and stole a television and DVD player. Total loss was$155.
* Otha Derik Archie, 24, 116 Odom Drive, was charged Jan. 18 with contributing to the delinquency of a juvenile based on a complaint by Melanie Tanksley, 711 S. Boundary St. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a Feb. 22 trial date.
* Amber Nicole Allen, 28, 427 Heilig Ave., was charged Jan. 20 with financial card theft, financial card fraud, first-degree burglary, larceny and possession of stolen goods/property, all felonies. She was held under $25,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 23 first appearance in court.
* Michael Roman, 18, 1704 Bridge Court, was charged Jan. 20 with felony statutory rape/sex offense when defendant is 4-6 years older than victim. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court Jan. 24.
* David Richard St. Armand, 45, 1131 Millbridge Road, China Grove, was charged Jan. 19 with contempt of court on a true bill of indictment. He was released on a written promise to appear in the next session of Rowan Superior Court.
* Tommy Rainey, 13450 Old Beatty Ford Road, Rockwell, reported a possible attempted kidnapping of a y year old from in front of his home.
* Jimmie Dale Frazier Jr. of Lexington reported a window was broken and sunglasses stolen from a vehicle parked at a business at 105 Motorsports Road, Mooresville, the night of Jan. 18. Total loss was $350.
* Denene W. Johnson of This ‘n’ That, 101 Anthony Road, Rockwell, reported a $150 transmission and $6 in cash stolen from the business the night of Jan. 18.
* Mary A. Koontz, 1620 Long Ferry Road, reported $150 in cash and her credit, insurance and Medicare cards stolen during a Jan. 19 burglary at her home.
* Drew Thomas Charleston, 18, 3805 Cliffdale Road, Apartment B, was charged Jan. 20 with second-degree trespassing. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 22.
* Patricia Gilbert Loflin, 740 Mount Hope Church Road, reported her 1992 Buick Regal was stolen from her driveway the night of Jan. 19. The vehicle is valued at $3,000.
* Joshua Aaron Jones, 2935 Montana Drive, Kannapolis, reported someone broke into his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Jan. 18 and stole personal check and a $350 gun.
* Melanie Campbell of Cleveland reported a Jan. 19 Internet fraud.
* Joe Wayne Moore of Rockwell reported someone scratched his vehicle while it was parked at a business at 935 Lentz Road Jan. 20. Damage totaled $1,500.
* Joshua Wayne Furr, 1040 Canyon Lane, Kannapolis, reported vandals broke windows at his home Jan. 21. Damage totaled $100.
* David Gordon Edwards Jr., 20, 760 Potneck Road, was charged Jan. 21 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of up to ć ounce of marijuana on U.S. 70 at Old Highway 70. He was held under $5,000 secured bond.
* Heather Nicole Porter, 18, 529 Park Ave., was charged Jan. 21 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance, felony possession of a controlled substance on prison or jail premises, possession of less than ć ounce of marijuana and possession of drug paraphernalia on U.S. 70 at Old Highway 70. She was held under $5,000 secured bond.
* Joshua Wayne Furr, 17, 1040 Canyon Lane, Kannapolis, was charged Jan. 21 with consumption of alcoholic beverage by person under age 21. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 23.
* Jerry Wilford Beasley, 215 Renshaw Ford Road, Woodleaf, reported vandals broke a window at his home Jan. 21. Damage totaled $40.
* Perry Blue Jr., 3520 Shue Road, reported items valued at $790 stolen during a Jan. 20 burglary at his home.
* Jeffrey L. Gryder, 103 Chippewa Trail, China Grove, reported the Jan. 20 theft of a golf bag and clubs after someone broke into his garage. Total loss was $2,509.
* Mark Anthony Watson of Cleveland reported $200 damage to his truck after someone threw a rock at it as he drove on Statesville Boulevard near Redmon Road Jan. 21.
* Maria Adriana Henckell of Woodleaf reported her wallet was stolen while she was at work Jan. 17 at PGT Industries, 2121 Heilig Road.
* Amber Nicole Allen, 28, 427 Heilig Ave., was charged Jan. 21 with two counts of felony financial card theft, felony possession of stolen goods/property, two counts of felony obtaining property by false pretense, misdemeanor shoplifting, felony financial card fraud, misdemeanor financial card fraud, felony forgery of instrument, felony uttering a forged instrument and felony identity theft in Mooresville, Iredell County, Greensboro and Guilford County. She was held under total secured bond of $21,000 pending court appearances in Iredell and Guilford counties.
* Jeffrey Clyde Overcash of Concord reported a items stolen and property damaged during a burglary at 217 Cindy Road between Jan. 14 and 21. Total loss was $575.
* Sean Michael Belk of Salisbury reported vandals broke windows in his car while it was parked at Cripple Creek Restaurant, 17620 Stokes Ferry Road, Richfield, the night of Jan. 20. Damage totaled $800.
* Fidel Barrera of Salisbury and Roger Dale Naylor Jr. of Mocksville reported unknown subjects fired shots at them Jan. 21 on U.S. 601 at Blackwoods Drive. Damage to windows totaled $700.
* Sidney Williams, 4807 Old Concord Road reported a burglar entered his home Jan. 21, stole $2,000 in cash and burned a spot of carpet.
* Terry Brent Collins of Cleveland reported a burglar broke into Woodleaf BP, 3335 N.C. 801, Woodleaf, through the front door Jan. 22 and stole a case of cigarettes. Total loss was $1,350.