Sheriff's Blotter – Property worth $20,000 stolen from home
A boat, trailer and electronic, sports and recreation equipment valued at more than $20,000 were stolen from a garage at a local man’s secondary home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Donald Ludwig reported the theft of the 2000 Nitro bass boat and other items from 1035 St. Matthew’s Church Road the night of Aug. 3. Total loss was $20,100.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Mary Sue Brock, 115 Beverly Lane, China Grove, reported lawn equipment valued at $1,250 stolen during a burglary at her home the night of Aug. 3.
– Carl W. Alexander of Rockwell reported a catalytic converter and oxygen sensor stolen off an Alexander Ham Co. vehicle while it was parked at the 5920 W. N.C. 152, China Grove, business between July 31 and Aug. 4. Total loss was $500.
– Michael Ray Keller reported a catalytic converter stolen off a Custom Golf Car Supply Co. vehicle parked at 985 Whitney Drive between Aug. 1 and 4. Total loss was $800.
– Don Lyerly reported catalytic converters stolen off two vehicles at Salisbury Machinery, 1325 Litton Drive, between Aug. 2 and 4. Total loss was $1,600.
– Joel Eugene Leazer, 2010 Crescent Road, reported the Aug. 3 theft of a $75 trash can from his property.
– Jennifer Anders of Mocksville reported $75 worth of medication stolen from her purse while she was at work Aug. 4 at C’s Restaurant, 8850 Statesville Blvd.
– James A. Blackwelder, 180 Oscar Lane, reported a burglar tried to break into his home the night of Aug. 3. Damage totaled $500. A $150 tool box and three-gallon gas jug were stolen.
– Janice H. Tinsley reported Aug. 4 that she had been a victim of fraud between June 12 and 16 when someone wrote a $252 check on her account.
– Matt West of China Grove reported a burglar broke into a house he owns at 5320 Old Mocksville Road between July 4 and Aug. 4. Damage totaled $400.
– Dwight Anthony Ridenhour, 104 Old Cherokee Circle, reported a $500 lawnmower stolen from his property between Aug. 2 and 4.
– Mary Ellen Givens, 1350 Rockwell Road, Rockwell, reported a burglar broke into her home Aug. 4. Damage totaled $500.
– Melanie Goforth Campbell, 17370 Dooley Road, Cleveland, reported a burglar broke into her home between July 31 and Aug. 4 and stole three guns. Total loss was $700.
– Tommy Strother reported vandals shot out the rear window in a LKQ Corp. front-end loader parked Aug. 4 in an open area at 1212 Webb Road. Damage totaled $1,000.
– Scotty Lee Willard, 27, was charged Aug. 5 with felony obtaining property by false pretense at 2080 Hobson Road, Cleveland.
– Graham Hannah, 53, was charged Aug. 5 with felony possession of stolen goods.
– John Ervin Kelly of Richfield reported he was a victim of credit card fraud Aug. 4.
– Rudolph G. Horton, 235 Vista Drive, reported a burglar broke into his home between Aug. 1 and 5 and stole three Samurai swords valued at $89.
– Kathy O. Phillips, 110 Aviation Lane, Gold Hill, reported the Aug. 5 theft of two air conditioning units from her property. Total loss was $2,000.
– James Joseph Moore III of JJ Moore Builders of Concord reported Aug. 5 that vandals kicked a hole in a bathtub at a house he is building at 5940 Enochville School Road, Kannapolis. The incident occurred July 22 or 23 and resulted in damage of $5,500.
– James Hugh Cunningham III reported 6,000 feet of rope valued at $2,000 was stolen the night of Aug. 4 from a Duke Energy work area off Statesville Boulevard at Lucas Lane in Cleveland.
– Chipper E. Thomas of Rockwell reported building materials valued at $475 were stolen between July 15 and Aug. 2 from 1565 Crescent Road, Rockwell.
– Tabitha Marie Ballard, 250 Kidd St., Kannapolis, reported her vehicle stolen Aug. 5 from her home. The vehicle is valued at $3,000.
– Graham Hannah, 53, 1049 Holland Drive, was charged Aug. 6 with felony financial card theft and forgery. He is accused of taking his roommate Kurt Douglas Bates’ bank card and withdrawing $300 from his account.
– Gwen Cook Smith reported an Aug. 6 larceny at 1565 Baker Mill Road, Cleveland.
– Debra R. Boller reported the theft of a vehicle from 4590 Foster Road, Cleveland, between July 1 and Aug. 1.
– James Andrew Sullivan reported vandals damaged his vehicle while it was parked at 1095 Sandvika Lane Aug. 6.
– Ronald Lee Brinson, 57, was charged Aug. 6 with misdemeanor larceny. He is accused of stealing vehicle battery cores from Larry W. Putnam at 199 Hard Rock Drive, Rockwell.
– Gary R. Poling, 110 Beverly Lane, China Grove, reported items stolen from his storage building after it was broken into between Aug. 4 and 6.
– Hawley Clifton Klouse reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 935 Lentz Road, China Grove, the night of Aug. 5.
– David Wade Walters, 28, was charged Aug. 6 with assault on a female.
– Christopher Alvin Paddock, 20, was charged Aug. 6 with being a fugitive from justice.
– Mike Dean Moose, 28, was charged Aug. 6 with simple assault.
– Ariel Elese Massey, 17, was charged Aug. 6 with simple assault.
– Christopher Michael Garmon, 36, was charged Aug. 6 at 154 Mallard Lane, Rockwell, with simple assault.