Sheriff's blotter: Man faces indecent liberties charge
Donald Howard Helms, 33, was charged Aug. 19 with felony taking indecent liberties with children.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Charles Anthony Matteson, 40, was charged Aug. 19 with disorderly conduct at 5600 Sapp Road, Rockwell.
– A 68-year-old male reported he was assaulted with a dangerous weapon during an Aug. 21 burglary at 6340 S. Main St.
– Antonio Tyree Kerns, 30, was charged Aug. 21 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance and felony maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance at 305 Bonanza Drive.
– Corey Dwayne Kerr, 33, was charged Aug. 21 with possession of marijuana and fleeing/eluding arrest with a motor vehicle after he drove away from a license check point at McCanless and Bringle Ferry roads and was stopped about four miles away.
– A 60-year-old man reported that someone had pointed guns at him Aug. 20 at his Stokes Ferry Road home.
– Virginia Juarez, 2002 Airport Road, reported a burglar broke into her home and stole her vehicle Aug. 21. Total loss was $17,115.
– Linda Bumgarner Sigmund, 48, was charged Aug. 21 with felony breaking and entering a building based on a complaint by Melissa Dawn Holcombe, 4280 Millbridge Road, China Grove. Items valued at $165 were recovered
– Joseph Todd Blackmon, 24, was charged Aug. 21 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 3510 Stokes Ferry Road and with assaulting a law enforcement officer at 115 W. Liberty St.
– Someone obtained property by false pretense between July 28 and Aug. 20 at Reliable Pawn Shop, 107 Mooresville Road.
– Robert William Morris reported a giant chicken statue and a red trailer stolen the night of Aug. 19 from C’s Bar B Que, 8850 Statesville Blvd.
– Candace Hepler, 4755 Woodleaf Road, reported a wicker furniture set valued at $1,300 was stolen from her front porch the night of Aug. 20.
– James Brincefield reported $500 worth of copper pipe was stolen from a house at 2725 N. Jake Alexander Blvd. owned by Sacred Heart Catholic Church between Aug. 14 and 21.
– Cynthia Knox of Huntersville reported a burglar broke into a home she owns at 1755 Wetmore Road, Woodleaf, between Aug. 14 and 21 and stole items valued at $550.
– Ginger Fagan, 4130 Mount Hope Church Road, reported items valued at $98 stolen during an Aug. 21 burglary at her home.
– David Clay Trexler, 32, was charged Aug. 21 with felony larceny.
– Anthony Eugene Williams was charged Aug. 21 with felony larceny.
– Kory Dustin Williams, 17, was charged Aug. 21 with felony second-degree burglary at 526 Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland.
– Allen Basiy Leonard, 30, was charged Aug. 21 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 500 N. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave.
– Christopher Alvin Paddock, 20, was charged Aug. 21 with felony second-degree burglary and felony larceny at 526 Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland.
– Thomas Brandon Jordan, 20, was charged Aug. 24 with possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance at 1000 N.C. 153, China Grove.
– Elvira Alejo Carrillo, 216 Corriher Heights Ave., China Grove, reported a four-wheeler and grass trimmer stolen from her storage building between Aug. 21 and 23. Total loss was $750.
– Thomas Lee Raeburn, 113 Cardinal Drive, Rockwell, reported a digital camera and laptop computer belonging to Vanderbilt Mortgage and Finance of Maryville, Tenn., were stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at his home Aug. 23 and 24. Total loss was $1,200.
– Telesforo Acosta of Kannapolis reported items valued at $3,000 were stolen between Aug. 10 and 24 from a storage building he rents at 570 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
– Michael Curtis Rollins, 17, was charged Aug. 24 with felony larceny of a motor vehicle and Kory Lewis Hiltz, 16, was charged with misdemeanor larceny. They are accused of stealing property valued at $2,150 from Allan Phillip Butler, 8808 Freeze Road, Kannapolis. The property was recovered.
– Donna Atwell Ranson, 46, was charged Aug. 22 with simple possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 4945 Woodleaf Road.
– William Henry Hall, 53, was charged Aug. 23 with simple assault.
– Michael Ray Derringer, 41, was charged Aug. 23 with second-degree burglary at 526 Ridgeland Drive, Cleveland.
– Carroll Dales, 37, was charged Aug. 23 with obtaining advances under the promise to work/pay same at 3645 Mount Hope Church Road.
– Mary Aycock Hall, 53, was charged Aug. 23 with simple assault.
– Otto Michael Schleicher, 46, was charged Aug. 24 with simple assault.
– Kelly Schleicher, 41, was charged Aug. 24 with simple assault.
– Marty James Ball, 40, was charged Aug. 24 with felony breaking and entering a building.
– Ashley Sewell, 17, was charged Aug. 24 with simple assault at 156 Beechwood Drive.
– Millson Douglas, 40, was charged Aug. 24 with a city ordinance violation at 522 Old Creek Court, Kannapolis.