Sheriff's Blotter: Electric meter stolen
A $500 electric meter was stolen from a rental house in Woodleaf, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Wade Elmer Crotts of Woodleaf reported the theft occurred at his 121 Cone Drive, Woodleaf, property between July 7 and 14.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Terry Hill of Hill’s Minnow Farm, 7940 Bringle Ferry Road, reported a suspect fraudulently obtained $100 from his business between June 22 and July 14.
– Donald Clevelend Vanhoy, 525 Rainey Road, reported vandals caused $50 damage to his mailbox the night of July 13.
– An A.D. Finney Inc. truck was broken into while it was parked at 1198 Gateway Drive, Mooresville, the night of July 13.
– Marijuana plants were discovered July 14 at 6979 Stokes Ferry Road.
– Joseph Wayne Harvey reported checks stolen from 835 Choate Road between July 1 and 14.
– Ronald Brown Beaver, 20 was charged July 14 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 9460 Stokes Ferry Road. He is also accused of stealing LED lights valued at $335 from Kevin Scot Brown’s house at the same address. The lights were recovered.
– Charles Edwin Odom, 790 Cannon St., Rockwell, reported a July 14 vandalism at his home.
– A 34-year-old woman reported she was assaulted July 15 at her Kannapolis home on North Enochville Avenue.
– Ricky Eugene Land, 53, was charged July 14 with misdemeanor child abuse.
– Julethia Annette Hawthorn of Rockwell reported she had been a victim of credit card fraud at four different convenience stores, two in Salisbury, one in China Grove and one in Kannapolis, on July 10 and 11.
– Someone tried to remove an AT&T telephone cable from an active service pole at 12000 Statesville Blvd., Cleveland, July 14 or 15.
– Someone obtained $75 July 15 by false pretense from Darrell’s Barbecue, 117 E. Main St., Rockwell.
– Stephen Davis of Shelby reported the theft of $900 worth of diesel fuel the night of July 14 from a Davis Grading Inc. construction site at 1305 Julian Road.
– Randell Clay Hammonds, 45, was charged July 15 with assault on a female at 520 Grace Church Road.
– Eric Franklin Cox, 28, was charged July 15 with felony breaking and entering a building.
– Sylvester Lee Carrington, 28, was charged July 15 with felony motor vehicle theft.
– Rocky Lee Cooper, 37, and Sarah Ann Jenkins, 23, were both charged July 15 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance at 6979 Stokes Ferry Road.
– Jared Michael Jancic, 19, was charged July 15 with felony attempted common law robbery at 2365 Rary Road, Cleveland.