Sheriff's Blotter – $3,000 worth of items stolen from Kannapolis home
$3,000 worth of items stolen from Kannapolis homePersonal documents, including birth certificates, Social Security cards and vehicle titles, were among more than $3,000 worth of items stolen during a burglary at a Kannapolis home, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Tiffany Sloop Leffew reported the documents and several pieces of gold and silver jewelry taken from her 1075 Westchester Drive, Kannapolis, home the night of Sept. 20.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– A student was charged Sept. 18 with possession of marijuana at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Brandon Dean Carpenter, 24, was charged Sept. 19 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia at the intersection of Mount Hope Church and Old Concord roads.
– Phillip Randall Hoffner, 20, was charged Sept. 19 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance and driving while license revoked in the 7000 block of Old Concord Road.
– Patricia Lynn Barkley reported Sept. 19 that items stored for tenants had been stolen from a mobile home at 1035 Cleveland Ave., Mooresville, between Aug. 25 and Sept. 6.
– Joshua Marke’l Berryman, 20, was charged Sept. 19 with injury to personal property, a Rowan County government sign at 232 N. Main St.
– Debbie Heilig reported her change purse was stolen from her pocketbook Sept. 19 at East Rowan High School, 175 St. Luke’s Church Road.
– Henry Lee Goodnight, 275 Saw Road, China Grove, reported vandals broke a window in his vehicle while it was parked at his home Sept. 18.
– A burglar broke into Alchem Inc., 8135 Red Road, Rockwell, the night of Sept. 18 through a bathroom window and then removed $50 from the owner’s desk.
– Robert Leslie Wicker, 115 Hoffner Drive, Rockwell, reported vandals caused $400 damage to his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Sept. 18.
– Billy Wilson Lane, 1726 N. Main St., China Grove, reported someone broke into his storage shed between Sept. 17 and 19 and stole items valued at $558.
– A counterfeit dollar bill was passed Sept. 18 or 19 at a Amusements of Rochester ticket booth at the Rowan County Fair.
– Richard Garret Nelson, 270 Buccaneer Circle, reported vandals broke the window in his vehicle while it was parked at his home the night of Sept. 18. Damage totaled $150.
– Heather Elaine Peninger, 1685 Lentz Road, China Grove, reported her trash can was stolen Sept. 19 from where she had placed it beside the road for trash collection
– Joseph Tyler Keener of Salisbury reported someone fraudulently opened an account using his name and address between Aug. 24 and Sept. 19.
– Jason Wayne Dixon, 28, was charged with felony larceny. He is accused of stealing $480 worth of items from a vehicle owned by Joseph Daniel Black of China Grove while it was parked at 6200 S. Main St. Sept. 19.
– Nicholas Scott Jones reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at the Rowan County Fair, 1510 Julian Road, Sept. 19.
– Darryl Lee Parker, 35, was charged Sept. 20 with assault on a female at 725 Chandler Road based on a complaint by Kelly Mounts Parker.
– Paulett Lovett, 1173 Rainwood Drive, reported a check was stolen from her home between Sept. 10 and 20.
– Donna Mae Carnahan of New Kensington, Pa., reported her $290 cell phone was stolen during a party she had Sept. 18 on the Rowan County fairgrounds at 1510 Julian Road.
– Shannon Ray Royal, 28, was charged Sept. 20 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 255 Archer Road.
– Phyllis H. Peeler, 620 Vance St., Landis, reported someone shot out her security light and stole her dog, a male boxer-chow mix, between Sept. 14 and 20.
– Diane Overcash Lane, 175 Brookhaven Drive, Kannapolis, reported the theft of a $300 digital camera from her home the night of Sept. 20.
– Ashley Fox Farmer, 31, was charged Sept. 21 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 304 Depot St., Cleveland.
– Harold Dean Stogner, 180 Yachtsman Drive, reported his pontoon boat trailer was stolen from his driveway between Sept. 18 and 20. The trailer is valued at $1,500.
– Jessie Leigh Haynes, 22, was charged Sept. 21 with possession of stolen goods. He is accused of stealing a dirt bike from Raymond Marvin Lutz, 385 Neazer St., Rockwell.
– John Wayne Koontz reported Sept. 21 that a larceny had occurred Aug. 14 at 2740 Phifer Road, Cleveland.
– Johnny Lee Murphy, 32, was charged Sept. 19 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 7800 Old Concord Road.
– Steven Daniel Kenneway, 21, was charged Sept. 19 with felony larceny by employee at 506 Cannon St., Rockwell.
– Teresa Treadway Reyes, 29, was charged Sept. 20 with possession of stolen goods at 625 Baker Mill Road, Cleveland.
– Christopher Lee Tinker, 19, was charged Sept. 20 with simple assault at 1064 Tarheel Trail.
– Jody Leon Huffman, 38, was charged Sept. 20 with felony obtaining property by false pretense.
– Rebecca Hurst, 51, was charged Sept. 20 with second-degree trespassing at 309 Phillip St., China Grove.