Salisbury woman charged with prescription fraud
A Salisbury woman faces felony charges for allegedly adding a fraudulent prescription for medication to an otherwise legitimate prescription at two local pharmacies, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
Janet Anyce Griffin, 61, 544 Lafayette Circle, was charged June 20 with two counts of felony obtaining a controlled substance by fraud/forgery, one at CVS Pharmacy, 1702 E. Innes St., and the second at Walgreen’s, 1505 E. Innes St. She was held under $1,500 secured bond on each charge pending a first appearance in court.
In other Police Department reports:
– Michael Shane Hatley reported vandals broke a window in his car while it was parked at 710 N. Ellis St. the night of June 19. Damage totaled $250.
– Street signs were stolen June 20 from two corners at Brittany Way and East Innes Street.
– Vandals caused $100 damage between June 18 and 20 to a chain link fence at Knox Middle School, 1625 W. Park Road.
– Michael Eugene Daniels, 49, 220 N. Long St., and Deborah Gay Rhodes, 42, 522 E. Cemetery St., were charged June 20 with misdemeanor breaking and entering a building and second-degree trespassing at Fulman Co. LLC, 529 E. Liberty St. Trial date is July 23.
– Jonathon Cummings, 32, 119 N. Main St., China Grove, was charged June 21 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Joyce Shelby Smyre, 1718 N. Jackson St. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Aug. 7.
– Michael Todd Holshouser reported someone tried to obtain a home equity line of credit in his name between Oct. 7 and 17, 2007, at Bank of America, 500 W. Innes St.
– Charity Shepherd was charged June 20 with trespassing at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Martha Unsell reported a burglar broke into 36 Kesler St. June 20.
– Sylvia McCleave Murdock, 43, 1004 Butler St., was charged June 20 with second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by April Michelle McCleave, 1012 E. Lafayette St. Murdock was held under $500 secured bond ending an Aug. 14 trial date.
– A burglar tried to break into La Alcancia, 3023 S. Main St., just before 11 p.m. June 20.
– Don T. Jacobs reported vandals stabbed four tires on his vehicle while it was parked at 401 Klumac Road the night of June 20.
– Joseph Anthony Ellison reported vandals damaged his truck while it was parked at 724 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. June 21.
– Eva Thomas Smith, 615 Linn Lane, reported a gas grill stolen June 21 from her back porch.
– A burglar broke into the Episcopal Diocese of North Carolina, 929 S. Church St., on June 21.
– A 38-year-old female reported she was assaulted June 22 at 410 E. Innes St.
– Christina Marie Baker reported a June 22 vandalism at 401 Foster Lane.
– Sylvia Jones Brown, 315 Lloyd St., reported items stolen during a June 22 burglary at her home.
– Coleman James Pitts reported someone took his money June 22 at 1328 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Daryl Sheldon Lockhart, 24, 225 S. Link Ave., was charged June 20 with two counts each of felony uttering a forged instrument and felony forgery of bank notes at 1938 W. Jake Alexander Blvd. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Willie Lee Jackson Jr., 35, 422C E. Fisher St., was charged June 20 with assault with a deadly weapon/assault inflicting serious injury and assault on a female based on a complaint by Shana Lea Charlton, 200 Grant St., No. 88. He was held pending a bond hearing.
– Alejandro Hamilton Aguillon, 19, 3461 Old Mocksville Road, was charged June 21 with giving fictitious information to an officer, failure to surrender license and driving while license revoked following a traffic stop at Old Wilkesboro Road and Brenner Avenue. He was held under $1,500 secured bond pending a July 25 trial date.
– Laura Mills Daniels, 32, 812 Reeves St., was charged June 21 with felony identity theft based on a complaint by Matthew Benjamin. She was released on a written promise to appear in court June 23.
– A burglar broke into B&J Amoco, 1230 Statesville Blvd., June 23.
– Connie Ann Kruisenga reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 163 Donner Drive June 23.
– Brenda Malone Zimmerman reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 429 W. Horah St. the night of June 22.
– A June 23 vandalism was reported at Knox Middle School, 1625 W. Park Road.
– A 27-year-old female reported she was assaulted June 23 at 201 Gold Hill Drive.
– Cordell Cowan, 20, 715 Tanglewood Drive, East Spencer, was charged June 23 with misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance in the 500 block of North Shaver Street. He was held under $700 secured bond pending a July 23 trial date.
– Shari Nicole White reported a June 23 vandalism at 615 E. Liberty St.
– Caitlin Elise Moore reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at the corner of Boyden Road and Wiley Avenue the night of June 23.
– Delwyn Jamar Smith, 23, 1217 W. Bank St., No. 9D, was charged June 23 with felony malicious conduct by a prisoner in a courtroom at the Rowan Justice Center, 210 N. Main St. He was held under $300 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.