Rockwell officials try to clear up recycling confusion
ROCKWELL ó Town officials say they’re aware of citizen concern about the recycling process.
Some of the misunderstandings they hope to clear are that two separate trucks will go through town for pick-ups. The smaller truck will pick up just recycling, however, recycling and garbage must be kept separate.If someone has extra recyclables that do not fit into a recycling bin, place recyclables either in a white or clear bag beside the bin.
Starting today, Morrison’s Garbage Service, will accept:
– aluminum cans,
– glass bottles (clear and brown only),
– cardboard boxes (no pizza boxes or waxy coated boxes ó all boxes must be flattened),
– brown paper bags,
– mixed paper and newspaper,
– soda or water bottles (labels and lids no longer need to be removed),
– milk jugs (lids can remain on) and
– steel cans (labels can be left on).
Cans and bottles that may attract insects such as flies and ants should be rinsed since it could contaminate the recyclables and would have to be trashed.
If a bottle is broken in a recycling bin, it makes the paper goods unacceptable. It is not necessary to sort your recyclables. They are sorted when they are unloaded. However, homeowners can sort them if they wish.
If there are any questions, call Rockwell Town Hall at 704-279-2180.