Ralph W. Ketner County Employee Productivity Awards to be presented Aug. 22 in New Bern
The N.C. Association of County Commissioners has announced the winners of the 17th Annual Ralph W. Ketner County Employee Productivity Awards Program.
The program is named for its inspiration and benefactor, Ralph W. Ketner, chairman emeritus and co-founder of the Salisbury-based Food Lion grocery store chain.
Over the life of the awards program, it has identified 1,350 productivity improvements in local government, representing a total savings of more than $100 million.
The awards program will be held at 10:30 a.m. Aug. 22 at the Riverfront Convention Center in New Bern.
Ketner has other plans and will be unable to attend the program this year. The association is celebrating its 100th year, and Ketner is scheduled to receive a “Friend of the County” award.
The Friend of the County honor recognizes a legislative, business or community leader who has demonstrated outstanding service to county government.
“Mr. Ketner certainly embodies the spirit of this award,” said Rebecca Troutman, intergovernmental relations director for the N.C. Association of County Commissioners.
The winners of the 2006-2007 Ketner Employee Productivity Awards are:
– Renee Adams and team, Brunswick County, for business personal property listing improvements.
– Sammy Haithcock, Chuck Harris and Michael Ward, Durham County, foster care guardianship assistance and support.
– Van Wortman, Reggie Horton and Lisa Benton, Gaston County, animal web online locator of pets (AWOL-Pets).
– Melody Beaver and Mistie Fisher, Halifax, group interviews for non-custodial parents.
– Pam Foster, Henderson County, open access scheduling for WIC.
– Sheila Beck-Jones and team, Hoke County, child support productivity and paternity.
– Diane Lewis, Iredell County, rigid plastics recycling.
– Craig Olive and team, Johnston County, e-Records ó Electronic Business Recording.
– Dan Bruce, Orange County, field inspections permitting on site.
– Gene Toney, Rutherford County, waste truck overhead packing system.