R3 Center workshops
The R3 Center is offering numerous career development workshops in August for adults in Cabarrus and Rowan counties. The programs are provided free of charge.
Located at 164 Dale Earnhardt Blvd., Kannapolis, the R3 Center is a career development center established by Rowan-Cabarrus Community College to assist workers who are unemployed or under-employed.
The center’s mission is built on three Rs ó a refocus on individual skills and interests, retraining and further education based on those skills and interests and partnering with other workforce development agencies to secure career-oriented re-employment.The center’s July schedule of workshops includes:
– Is Now the Time to Get More Training? ó Aug. 1 at 11 a.m.
– New Approaches to Job Hunting ó Aug. 6 at 6:30 p.m.
– Interview Techniques ó Aug. 7 at 6:30 p.m.
– Resume Step 1 ó Aug. 8 at 11 a.m. and 6:30 p.m.
– Extreme Makeover: Job Seeker Edition ó Aug. 9 at 10 a.m.
– Preparing for Job Loss ó Aug. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
– What Do I Want to Do? (Myers-Briggs) ó Aug. 16 at 11 a.m.
– Top Jobs for Your Personality ó Aug. 20 at 6:30 p.m.
– Internet Job Seeking with Ease ó Aug. 21 at 6:30 p.m.
– Quick Tips to Job Searching ó Aug. 23 at 6:30 p.m.
– From Career Readiness Certification to Employment ó Aug. 27 at 10:30 a.m. and 7 p.m.
The R3 Center helps adult workers assess and profile their skills, aptitudes, training and academic credentials, future career interests and develop a plan for career growth.
The center also provides Work Keys assessment and instruction. Completion of this program will give clients Career Readiness Certification, a nationally recognized credential, validating preparedness for specific career fields.
The R3 Center partners with other workforce development agencies, including the Centralina Workforce Development Board, JobLink Career Centers of Cabarrus and Rowan counties, N.C. Employment Security Commission and other area community colleges. RCCC opened the Kannapolis center in January, with generous support from Castle & Cooke Inc.
For more information about the R3 Center and its services and programs, call 704-216-7201 or visit the center’s Web site at www.rowan cabarrus.edu/r3center/index2.html.