Woman charged with several felonies
Cherrelle Jenae Chawlk, 20, 311 S. Clay St., was charged Dec. 22 with felony forgery of bank notes, felony uttering a forged instrument, felony possession of a weapon by a felon and misdemeanor larceny, unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, making a false report to police and a probation violation.
She was held under $27,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 27 first appearance in court.
In other Salisbury Police reports:
* Patricia Elaine Gardner, 42, 203 W. D Ave., was charged Dec. 22 with simple assault and second-degree trespassing based on a complaint by Steven Rhodes and failing to appear in court. She was held under $4,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 18 trial date.
* Labryan Dion Hawkins, 20, 623 W. Council St., and Melvin Javan West, 18, 265 Jackson Road, Faith, were charged Dec. 23 with felony possession with intent to manufacture a controlled substance following a vehicle stop in the 200 block of South Link Avenue. Hawkins was held under $3,000 secured bond and West under $1,500 secured bond pending Dec. 27 first appearances in court.
* Stacey L. Everhart, 31, 114 Brenda Lane, Statesville, was charged Dec. 23 with obtaining property by false pretense. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Dec. 27 first appearance in court.
* John Cletis Jackson Jr., 19, 411 Mildred Ave., was charged Dec. 23 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Charavia Anita Blackman, 804 Newsome Road. Trial date is Jan. 25.
* Tracy Lynn Silcox, 38, was charged Jan. 1 with misdemeanor larceny of five DVDs from Food Lion, 525 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Bobby Lee Jones reported tools stolen Jan. 1 from a house he is building at 515 Sarazen Way.
* James Lee Hall, 32, 135 Austin St., Rockwell, was charged Jan. 2 with financial transaction card theft based on a complaint by Tammy Weatherford at 210 N. Craige St., No. 1.
He was charged Jan. 3 with credit card fraud with Weatherford’s card. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 3 first appearance in court.
* A Charlotte Observer newspaper box was stolen Jan. 2 from 2100 Old Wilkesboro Road.
* Eldridge Salassie Williams reported a 30-day tag stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 729 Pinehurst St. Jan. 2.
* Carolyn Alexander Logan reported someone broke into her vehicle and stole items from it while it was parked at 1823 S. Main St. Jan. 2.
* Jason Hendrickson reported a bicycle stolen Jan. 2 from an unknown address.
* Vinodchandra Patel reported the registration plate stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at Days Inn, 321 Bendix Drive, between Dec. 30 and Jan. 2.
* Ashley Dawn Bentley reported her vehicle was stolen from 305 E. Fisher St. the night of Jan. 2.
* Jeffrey Spry reported his Williams Companies truck was broken into while it was parked at 1310 Richard St. Jan. 3.
* John Christopher Hyde Jr., 18, 406 Kincaid Road, was charged Jan. 2 with felony breaking and entering a building and felony larceny. He was held under a secured bond pending a Jan. 4 first appearance in court.
* Charles Jeffrey Jenkins, 30, 1617 N. Main St., was charged Jan. 2 with eight counts of felony breaking and entering a building, 10 counts of felony break/force opening and one count of resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer. He was held under total secured bond of $31,500 pending Feb. 6 and Feb. 12 trial dates.
* Jeremy Lane Sellers, 27, 135 Crestwood Drive, China Grove, was charged Jan. 2 with misdemeanor larceny based on a complaint by Tonya Leanne Thomas Hennis, 215 Henderlite St. He was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a Feb. 22 trial date.