Foreclosure information in brief
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Here’s some key information shared at the foreclosure prevention seminar:
– Don’t panic if you’re getting late notices or calls from your lender.
– Don’t panic if foreclosure proceedings have been started.
– Don’t give companies or agencies cash up front to stop foreclosure.
– Get free help ó contact Salisbury Community Development Corp., which serves Rowan, Davidson and Iredell counties, at 704-638-2154 or 704-638-5383.
– Other counseling agencies that provide assistance at no cost to North Carolina homeowners facing foreclosure include:
Davidson Community Action Inc., which serves Rowan, Ashe, Davidson, Forsyth and Yadkin counties. Call 336-249-0234.
Prosperity Unlimited, which serves Rowan, Cabarrus, Iredell, Mecklenburg and Stanly counties. Call 704-933-7405.
United Family Services, which serves Cabarrus, Mecklenburg and Union counties. Call 704-332-9034.