Electrical malfunction caused Tuesday house fire

Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009

By Shavonne Potts

Salisbury Post

KANNAPOLIS — An electrical malfunction is what fire officials say was the cause of a Tuesday house fire.

Firefighters from Kannapolis and Landis responded to a fire at 3000 Clermont Ave. around 12:50 p.m.

According to Kannapolis Battalion Chief David Winecoff, the malfunction was the range on the stove in the kitchen.

Winecoff said there was some smoke damage and the family got out of the house safely.

The fire was under control within 12 minutes, he said.

Contact Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253 or spotts@salisburypost.com.