Concord man charged with luring two children to home, sexually assaulting them
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A 42-year-old Concord man has been charged with sexually assaulting two children in his neighborhood.
Brian James Hussey refused to talk officers when they first went to his house Thursday night to question him and then cut himself on the wrist.
His injuries were not life-threatening and after treatment at Carolinas Medical Center-NorthEast, Hussey was placed in the Cabarrus County Jail under $200,000 bond.
According to a Cabarrus Sheriff’s Office press release, the parents of the two victims called the department about 10:45 p.m. Thursday to report the assaults on their children, ages 6 and 4.
“So far, the investigation reveals that the suspect drew the attention of the two children (4 and 6 years old) from their yard and lured them to his nearby residence, where he allegedly sexually assaulted them,” the press release says.
When deputies went to Hussey’s home at 1324 Creekside Drive SE, they “observed him barricaded in his residence and refusing to come out or allow the deputies in,” the department reported.
Deputies obtained and executed a search warrant at the house and found Hussey “lying in the floor with a self inflicted laceration to his wrist,” according to the press release. Hussey was taken to CMC-NorthEast, but “the subject was treated and released.
Hussey has been charged with two counts of first-degree statutory sex offense, two counts of talking indecent liberties with a child, four counts of second-degree Sexual Exploitation of a Minor and one count of manufacturing marijuana.
Hussey was placed under a $200,000.00 secured bond and is currently awaiting trial in the Cabarrus County Jail.
The investigation is continuing,” the department said.