China Grove aldermen to consider Zoning Board of Adjustments appointment at meeting tonight at 7
CHINA GROVE ó Aldermen will meet tonight to discuss expansion or location of an industry.
Robert Van Geons, executive director of the Salisbury-Rowan Economic Development Commission will meet with the board in closed session to discuss the industrial issue.
In other matters, the Board of Aldermen will:
– Consider appointments to the Zoning Board of Adjustments. Three or more seats on the board are available for appointment, including the seat held by Lois Elliott, who has served as chairman of the board for 20 years.
– Consider a resolution encouraging both state and federal governments and elected officials and procure full funding for the replacement of the Interstate 85 Yadkin River bridge.
– Consider a resolution to adopt the state building code and authorize Rowan County to enforce the fire code in the town.
– Hear report from Public Works Director David Ketner on drainage issues at 103 N. Main St.
– Hold a closed session with Town Attorney Tom Brooke to discuss pending litigation.
The Board of Aldermen meets at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Building at 205 Swink St.