Blotter: Suspect flees after caught breaking into car
Suspect flees after caught breaking into woman’s car
A woman reported scaring off a person breaking into her vehicle on Sherrills Ford Road.
Wendy Scott said she discovered the person breaking into her vehicle while it was parked at her home June 28, according to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report.
The suspect ran into woods near the home.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Tiffany M. Ghent, 168 Red Pine Road, Gold Hill, reported items valued at $145 were stolen during a July 1 break-in at her home. Damage to a door totaled $100.
– Ronnie A. Sain of Salisbury reported vandals caused $900 damage to his vehicle while it was parked at 535 Ranchwood Drive July 1.
– Mary Honeycutt Rudisill, 13755 U.S. 52, Gold Hill, reported vandals caused $400 damage to her truck while it was parked at her home June 28.
– Zachary Wayne Holshouser, 23, was charged June 28 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 115 Wood Lake Drive.
– Brandon Craig Smith, 21, was charged June 29 with felony possession of a Schedule III controlled substance following a traffic stop at Ridge Avenue and South Fulton Street.
– Marvin Wayne Fraley, 2620 Artz Road, reported vandals caused $30 damage to his mailbox June 29.
– Marshall Clay Snider of Richfield reported items valued at $2,167 were stolen from a new home at 6235 Fish Pond Road the night of June 27.
– Jonathan Peter Hearn, 2080 Crescent Road, reported $1,500 damage to his home after it was shot with paintballs the night of June 28.
– Jordan Kerr Grubb of Salisbury reported vandals damaged his car while it was parked at the intersection of Miller and Weaver roads the night of June 28.
– Matthew George Bradley, 22 was charged June 29 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer and possession of marijuana at Berkhampstead and Castlegate ways in China Grove.
– Tawana Mackenzie Wheeler, 28, was charged June 27 with misdemeanor child neglect.
– Walter Lee Daugherty, 38, was charged June 27 with misdemeanor larceny at 232 Norma Ave., Kannapolis.
– David Lawson Biles, 54, was charged June 27 with failure to file/pay income tax.
– Jamie Lee McCombs, 16, was charged June 27 with felony taking/obtaining a financial transaction card.
– William Ronnie Barnette, 49, was charged June 27 with felony taking indecent liberties with children.
– Timothy Ray Greene, 45, was charged June 27 with second-degree trespassing at 100 N.C. 801, Woodleaf.
– William Nathaniel York, 18, was charged June 27 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule VI controlled substance at 237 Strawberry Lane.
– Misty S. Gaultney, 31, was charged June 27 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm.
– Aaron Alexander Mill, 17, was charged June 28 with felony breaking and entering a building at 255 Pickler Road.
– Kenneth Abrams, 34, was charged June 28 with violating a domestic violence protective order at 1905 Emmanuel Church Road, Rockwell.
– Drew Thomas Charles-ton, 20, was charged June 28 with simple assault at 315 Gerrod St., East Spencer.
– Mickey Allen Jenkins, 44, was charged June 29 with felony possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 2285 W. N.C. 152, China Grove.
– Kelley Annette Wright, 43, was charged June 29 with felony possession of a Schedule III controlled substance at 2285 W. N.C. 152, China Grove.
– Gregory Brent Johnson was charged June 29 with using a telephone to threaten bodily harm at 730 Roy Cline Road.
– Andy Lee McManus, 30, was charged June 29 with assault inflicting serious injury at 988 Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
– Je Cassell reported the theft of an $800 air conditioning unit from a vacant residence she owns at 197 Crowder Dixon Road between June 23 and 27.
– Two cell phones were reported stolen from students’ purses left in the band room while the East Rowan High School band practiced outside the school on June 27.