Blotter – Six cases of fraud by false pretense at convenience stores under investigation
Rowan County Sheriff’s deputies are investigating six cases of fraud by false pretense at five convenience stores that occurred on or after Aug. 30.
There were two incidents at Rushco Food Store No. 16, 1518 E. Innes St., and one each at Exxon, 830 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.; Mikey’s One Stop, 5810 S. Main St.; Pop Shoppe, 1509 E. Innes St.; and Hill’s Minnow Farm, 7940 Bringle Ferry Road.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– A $4,000 boat reported stolen Sept. 29 by Ricky E. Shaver from his 6860 River Road, Richfield, property, was recovered during a search.
– Deputies are investigating a report that a 15-year-old juvenile assaulted a 23-year-old man with a knife at a Sept. 29 church function at Dan Nicholas Park.
– Fredrick Stoessel, 2770 Artz Road, reported his mailbox was damaged by vandals the night of Sept. 24.
– Pamela Bates reported a Sept. 20 credit card fraud at the Webb Road Flea Market, 905 Webb Road.
– Andrew Jessie Suber, 735 Ned Marsh Road, reported prescription medication stolen from his home Sept. 29.
– The mailbox and post at Pitysake Lodge, 1635 Cannon Farm Road, China Grove, were stolen the night of Sept. 28.
– Joshua Wayne Dunaway, 1055 Celestial Drive, reported household items stolen from a vehicle parked behind his home between Sept. 26 and 29.
– Melvin Lee McAlister, 255 Karriker Farm Road, Mooresville, reported the catalytic converter and four mag wheels stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at his home between Sept. 8 and 29. Total loss was $550.
– Steven James Cockrell, 1850 Phaniel Church Road, Rockwell, reported guns, a guitar, amplifier, digital camera and card collection stolen during a Sept. 29 burglary at his home. Total loss was $1,700.
– Jose Arturo Yepez-Alaniz, 17, was charged Sept. 29 with felony indecent liberties with children.
– Julian Pineda-Aguilera, 19, was charged Sept. 29 with felony indecent liberties with children.
– Derryck Laine Kesler, 21, was charged Sept. 29 with misdemeanor larceny.
– William David Turner, 39, was charged Sept. 30 with possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop on Barber Junction Road in Cleveland.
– Danny Frank Nunn Jr. of Woodleaf reported a burglary at 1940 Cauble Road the night of Sept. 28. Electronic items valued at $6,520 were stolen.
– Scottie Lee Safrit reported a $75 bicycle stolen Sept. 30 from his 1520 Sides Road home.
– Bobby Ray Partee, 56, 1235 Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville, was charged Sept. 30 with assault with a deadly weapon/ assault inflicting serious injury, and Zachary Ryan Troup, 18, 1125 Oak Breeze Drive, Mooresville, was charged with ethnic intimidation/assault, vandalism, threats.
– Crystal Dawn Cook, 395 Earnhardt Road, reported the Sept. 30 theft of items valued at $425 from her back and front porches.
– Leda Larson, 21, was charged Sept. 30 with simple assault/simple assault and battery or affray at 321 Crown Pointe Place.
– Johnny Edwards Pharr, 52, was charged Sept. 30 with sexual battery at 177 Boston Grace Lane, Kannapolis.
– April Denise Hines, 33, was charged Sept. 30 with felony uttering a forged instrument.