Blotter – Salisbury police investigating assault in which 21-year-old man shot in thigh
Salisbury police are investigating an assault that left a 21-year-old male with a gunshot wound to his right thigh.
The incident occurred just after 7 p.m. Oct. 2 at 129 W. 11th St., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
In other Police Department reports:
– A truck was stolen between Sept. 25 and Oct. 1 from Randy Hall Auto Sales, 1500 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Terry Isaac Brown, 25, was charged Oct. 1 with felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance at 600 E. Franklin St.
– Charles Lavelle Grant, 16, was charged Oct. 1 with misdemeanor larceny at Belk’s in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Joshua Dione Howard, 22, was charged Oct. 1 with misdemeanor larceny and second-degree trespassing at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Dick Palmore reported a burglar broke into 501 E. Franklin St. Oct. 2.
– Angela Van Allen reported Oct. 2 that a counterfeit check had been passed at American Check Cashing, 107 N. Main St., on Aug. 4.
– Vandals damaged a fence at the Coca Cola Bottling Co., 1828 S. Main St., on Oct. 2.
– A clerk at Sam’s Mart, 830 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., was robbed at gunpoint Oct. 3.
– Tony Leon Breazeale, 53, was charged Oct. 1 with misdemeanor larceny at 375 Faith Road.
– Walter Payton Stinson, 28, 410B Grace St., was charged Oct. 2 with felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver a Schedule II controlled substance, misdemeanor maintaining a dwelling or vehicle for a controlled substance and misdemeanor possession of a Schedule VI controlled substance. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Samuel Mack Kirkley Jr., 45, 1309 Bell St., was charged Oct. 2 with assault on a government official at 322 E. Innes St. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Nov. 19 trial date.
– Kelly Stone, 47, 2416 S. Fork Road, Rock Hill, S.C., was charged Oct. 2 with communicating threats at 155 E. Corriher Ave. based on a complaint by Tim Hopper, 151 E. Corriher Ave. Trial date is Nov. 6.
– George Dewey Turnmire, 44, 142 Westover Ave., Kannapolis, was charged Oct. 2 with felony obtaining property by false pretense in Davidson County. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending an Oct. 27 trial date in Davidson District Court, Lexington.