Blotter: Playhouse, other items stolen from storage building
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
A playhouse, two ladders, an air compressor and tools, all valued at $2,580, were stolen from a local man’s storage building, according to the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office.
Jackie Dale Gainey reported the burglary occurred between March 20 and 26 from the building at 2774 McFarland Drive.
In other Sheriff’s Office reports:
– Samantha Kay Rutherford of Salisbury reported March 26 that someone had used her credit card number between Jan. 17 and Feb. 26 to buy merchandise off the Internet.
– Jeff Robert Salsich, 1380 Shue Road, China Grove, reported a $1,800 laptop computer was stolen from his home between March 1 and 26.
– Angela Marsh, 125 Baucom Acres Drive, China Grove, reported a wallet stolen from her vehicle while it was parked in her driveway between March 21 and 23.
– Rhonda Lee Freeman, 2430 Leonard Road, reported a burglar broke into her home between March 24 and 26. Damage to a door totaled $300, but nothing was missing.
– Barbara Lowry, 404 Sowers Ferry Road, reported someone entered her home March 26 and stole $29,000 worth of items, including jewelry, a television and handgun.
– Larry Eugene Everhart, 41, was served a grand jury indictment March 26.
– Marcie Raquel Little, 38, was charged March 26 with unauthorized use of a motor vehicle.
– Byron Ray Poole, 23, was charged March 26 with possession of drug paraphernalia at 2335 Neal Road.
– Bryan Samuel Freeze, 47, was charged March 27 with second-degree trespassing at 735 Millbridge Road.
– Matthew Allan Callahan, 19, was charged March 27 with second-degree trespassing.
– Joshua Ray Brown was charged March 27 with carrying a concealed weapon, a pair of metal knuckles, as he passed through the metal scanned at the Rowan County Courthouse, 210 N. Main St.
– Lisa Marie Long, 1790 Old Union Church Road, reported electronic items valued at $2,025 stolen during a burglary at her home between March 1 and 27.
– Edward Holmes, 255 Timber Ridge Drive, was charged March 27 with possession of marijuana at the intersection of Hollywood Drive and East Ridge Road.
– David Alex Brown, 34, was charged March 28 with first-degree burglary at 1400 Superior Ave., Kannapolis. He is accused of forcing his way into his grandfather’s home and stealing a pocketbook belonging to Kathleen Castor.
– Larry Michael York reported copper wiring and a wire cart stolen from 1342 Hidden Circle the night of March 27. Total loss was $2,200.
– A 20-year-old male reported he was assaulted and robbed about 10 p.m. March 28 beside Spring Garden Avenue in Kannapolis.
– A property owner found marijuana plants on his property at 8068 Georgia Ave., Kannapolis, March 28.
– Sonny Dixon reported catalytic converters valued at $1,200 were stolen March 28 from Executive Homes Ltd. & Auto Sales, 1010 Julian Road.
– Melvin Logan, 1475 W. Ridge Road, reported a chain saw was stolen from his storage building between March 14 and 28.
– Lucas Ray Anderson, 23, was charged March 30 with felony larceny after stolen electronic equipment valued at $4,350 was recovered March 28 at 535 Pop Stirewalt Road.
– A stolen check was forged and used to pay for $78.29 worth of gasoline March 26 at Wilco Travel Plaza, 985 Peeler Road.
– Margie Everidge Teaster, 265 Wetmore Road, reported vandals damaged her mail box March 29 with a jug of vegetable oil.
– Jeffrey Dale Julian, 6825 Jones Road, reported that on March 29 he found two bullet holes in a metal building he is constructing on his property.
– Justin Ray Merritt, 17, was charged March 30 with felony robbery with firearms or other dangerous weapons based on a complaint by John Preston Harrity. The incident occurred at Harrity’s 775 Eastview Road home.