Blotter: 61-year-old man says he was robbed at gunpoint in Wal-Mart parking lot
A 61-year-old man reported he was robbed at gunpoint of $400 by two suspects in the Wal-Mart parking lot at 323 S. Arlington St., according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The incident occurred about 9:15 p.m.
In other Police Department reports:
– Rakesh Venugopal Menon, 831 Hamilton Drive, reported his 1997 Honda Accord was stolen while it was parked in front of his home the night of Sept. 4.
– Joan Knox Lark, 1017 Bringle Ferry Road, reported vandals damaged her vehicle while it was parked at her home the night of Sept. 4.
– Vandals damaged a vehicle owned by Edward Darnell Gibson while it was parked in a lot at 902 E. Lafayette St. Sept. 5.
– A burglar broke into Wilco-Hess, 827 W. Jake Alexander Blvd., the night of Sept. 4.
– Angie Gibbs and Tia Lewis were charged Sept. 5 with larceny/shoplifting of perfume from Kmart, 815 E. Innes St.
– Pamile Chilson was charged Sept. 5 with larceny/shoplifting of clothing from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Eva Davis was charged Sept. 5 with misdemeanor larceny/shoplifting a $48 purse from Kohl’s, 1395 Klumac Road.
– Nikole Rae Lewis is charged with misdemeanor larceny/shoplifting of four children’s shirts from Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Erica Marie Johnson reported the license plate stolen off her vehicle while it was parked at 156 Mahaley Ave. Sept. 4 and 5.
– Selena Fortune reported vandals broke the windshield in her vehicle while it was parked at 300 W. Innes St. Sept. 5.
– A juvenile was charged Sept. 5 with misdemeanor larceny/shoplifting at three downtown stores, Innes Street Drugs, The Wooden Stone and The Stitchin’ Post.
– Rebecca Mullinax reported vandals broke a window in a Phoenix Pre-Owned Motors vehicle while it was parked at 1208 N. Jackson St. Sept. 5.
– Maria Antionette Simpson, 27, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged Sept. 6 with felony possession of a controlled substance in a penal institution at 232 N. Main St. She was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a first appearance in court.
– Patricia Ann Jaeger reported a $200 digital camera stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 429 E. Bank St. Sept. 6.
– A 29-year-old male reported Sept. 6 that he had been assaulted Aug. 17 at 1614 Standish St.
– Heliberto Guerrero Nava reported his vehicle stolen Sept. 6 from the Salisbury Mall parking lot at 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– A 19-year-old male reported he was robbed at gunpoint Sept. 7 at 1710 Old Wilkesboro Road.
– A burglar broke into Marinellos Beauty Salon, 3006 S. Main St., the night of Sept. 6 and stole a glass bowl containing $30.
– A burglar broke into S.V. Discount, 1621 Stokes Ferry Road, through the drive-through window between 4 and 6 a.m. Sept. 7. Nineteen cartons of cigarettes and $16 cash were stolen.
– Wayne Lee White reported all four tires on his vehicle were cut while it was parked at 1408 Lakewood Drive the night of Sept. 6.
– A burglar broke into Curt & Geri’s Ice Cream Shop, 1418 S. Main St., the night of Sept. 6 and stole a 35 mm camera.
– A juvenile was charged Sept. 7 with misdemeanor larceny/shoplifting at JC Penney in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Justin Jermaine Horton, 18, 143 Parrish St., was charged Sept. 6 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer, simple assault, second-degree trespassing and vandalism to real property based on a complaint by Tonette Parker, 161 Ryan St. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a Sept. 24 trial date.
– Alvin Eugene Douglas, 43, 726D S. Church St., was charged Sept. 7 with assault on a female. He was held pending a bond hearing.
– Refugio Aguilar reported vandals damaged the windshield on his vehicle while it was parked at 711 S. Martin Luther King Jr. Ave. the night of Sept. 8.
– Catalytic converters were stolen off two vehicles in the Bruce Lanier Motors car lot at 904 W. Innes St. between Sept. 6 and 8.
– Richard Rankin Reamer reported a catalytic converter stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at 1419 S. Main St. Sept. 7 and 8.
– Vandals damaged a window Sept. 8 at 804 Lakewood Drive.
– Several catalytic converters were stolen off vehicles after someone cut the fence to the back lot of Gerry Wood Honda, 414 S. Jake Alexander Blvd. the night of Sept. 7.
– Clee Allen Davis reported his bicycle was stolen Sept. 8 from the rack in front of Rowan Public Library, 201 W. Fisher St.
– Shana Marie Rankin, 23, was charged Sept. 7 with injury to personal property.
– Starla Dawn Rae, 21, 639 Linn Lane, was charged Sept. 8 with simple assault based on a complaint by Cindi Marie Adames, 1403 Montgomery Ave. Trial date is Oct. 18.
– Anthony Litaker, 22, 213 Harrell St., was charged Sept. 8 with simple assault based on a complaint by Charles Emanuel Johnson, 205 Harrell St. Trial date is Sept. 17.