Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Man reports theft of several cell phones, desk computer
Mohammed Alrawajfeh reported 12 to 14 cell phones, a laptop computer and a desk computer stolen between Dec. 27 and 31 from 2136 Statesville Blvd.
In other Police Department reports:
* Timothy Lane Whitaker, 26, 5675 Birdie Drive, was charged Dec. 30 with breaking/force opening and misdemeanor larceny of a Salisbury Post newspaper box at 321 Bendix Drive. He was held under $5,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 18 trial date.
* A burglar broke into the Friendly Pub, 120 Military Ave., between Dec. 23 and 25.
* Kimberly Latrica Vaughters reported vandals broke a window at 21 N. Arlington St. on Dec. 26.
* William Ashley Ritchie reported the license plate was stolen off his vehicle while it was parked at 622 E. Council St. Dec. 26.
* Someone broke into a vacant apartment in Rolling Hills, 315 Ashbrook Road, on Dec. 26.
* Ronald Copeland was charged Dec. 26 with misdemeanor larceny of merchandise from Lowe’s, 207 Faith Road.
* A larceny was reported Dec. 26 at Aaron’s Rentals, 2141 Statesville Blvd.
* Jamar O’Bryan Connor, 21, 620 S. Caldwell St., was charged Dec. 25 with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer at 1825 W. Park Road. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Jan. 31.
* Nina McCoy, 25, 700 E. Liberty St., was charged Dec. 25 with injury to personal property and vandalism to real property based on a complaint by Ryan Nicole Gaither, 312 Foster Lane. Trial date is Feb. 1.
* Antonio Eugene Morris, 19, 1103 Third St., Spencer, was charged Dec. 30 at 715 Hall St., No. 20E, with three counts of assault on a government official, three counts of resisting, delaying and obstructing a public official and one count each of assault on a female and communicating threats. He was held under $3,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 18 trial date.
* Brittany Renae Bradshaw reported money stolen from her while she was at work Dec. 30 at Claire’s Boutique in Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
* Charlotte Observer coin-operated paper boxes valued at $2,163 were stolen Dec. 30 from the intersection of Ryan Street and Old Concord Road.
* Four Salisbury Post newspaper boxes were stolen Dec. 31 from 1408 W. Innes St.
* Elroy Casey reported a Dec. 31 vandalism at 923 S. Caldwell St.
* Vandals broke a window at Papatopps, 902 S. Main St., Jan. 1.
* Brandon Horne, 25, 1447 Statesville Blvd., was charged Jan. 1 with felony breaking and entering a building, felony larceny from person and misdemeanor vandalism to real property based on a complaint by Sharon Amaker Outen, 711 S. Boundary St., No. 21F. He was held under $10,000 secured bond pending a Jan. 3 first appearance in court.
* Karen Susan Barbee reported a bullet was fired through the windshield of her vehicle while it was parked at 600 S. Ellis St. between Dec. 29 and Jan. 1.
* A burglar broke into an office at Westside Manor Apartments, 2345 Statesville Blvd., the night of Dec. 31 and stole a computer.
* Crystal Roshanda Rice reported vandals scratched her vehicle while it was parked at 1319 W. Bank St. Jan. 1.
* Kaye Smith Evans reported her pocketbook was stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St., Jan. 1.
* Amanda Nieves reported jewelry stolen from her 303 Lake Drive apartment between Dec. 10 and 31.
* Arthur Kenneth Steinberg reported a $270 stove stolen from rental property he owns at 303 S. Merritt Ave. between Dec. 22 and Jan. 1.
* A 22-year-old man reported he was robbed at gunpoint Jan. 2 at 60 Hill St.
* Deborah Elaine Hunt reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked at 1300 Larchmont Place Jan. 2.
* Alexander Cooper Sirleaf, 20, and Comfort Robinson Sirleaf, 45, both of 1215 Mirror Park Drive, were charged Dec. 31 with assault on a female and injury to personal property based on a complaint by Arinza Jarmie Varney of Charlotte. Alexander Sirleaf was also charged with simple assault. They were held under $1,000 secured bond each pending Feb. 1 trial dates.
* James Fitzgerald Streater, 40, 623 W. Council St., was charged Dec. 31 with violating a domestic violence protective order based on a complaint by Bernita B. Streater, 735 W. Kerr St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Jan. 25.
* Asuncion Aguirre Escobar, 29, 1300 Old Concord Road, No. 7, was charged Dec. 31 with assault on a female based on a complaint by Denysse Maritza Solano Utrilla, 713 Victory St. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Feb. 1.
* Tommy Leander Ellis, 27, 1005 Foxcroft Lane, was charged Dec. 31 with second-degree trespassing at Club Zidi’s, 127 S. Main St. He was released on a written promise to appear in court Feb. 5.
* Darius O’Bryan Abel, 17, 422 Ludwick Ave., was charged Dec. 29 with breaking and entering a building and larceny, both felonies. He was held under $2,500 secured bond pending a Jan. 2 first appearance in court.
* Derek Brown, 43, 815 S. Ellis St., was charged Dec. 29 with assault on a female. He was held pending a bond hearing. Trial date is Feb. 22.