Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Facts behind Food Lion Customer Support Center
– Location: 2085 Harrison Road.
– Construction cost: $26 million.
– Size: two floors, 125,000 square feet total.
– Capacity: 455 employees.
– Key components: Office space for human resources and accounting; full-service cafeteria; training facilities; auditorium (Founders Hall), which can seat close to 600; 22 conference rooms; 10 rest rooms; two elevators.
– High-tech features: Automated mail delivery system; touch-screen visitor kiosk; audio/video system in Founders Hall; raised floor system, which houses heating and air-conditioning, data cables and wiring; movable walls.
– Green features: Water-reduction features in rest rooms; natural lighting from northern and western windows and 14 skylights; all fluorescent lighting and building automation system to control lighting, heating and air-conditioning.
– Background: Built from old Food Lion warehouse.