Thieves hit racing engine builder
A Deal Road company which builds racing engines is out a set of General Motors racing heads worth $9,000.
Keith Swanson Roberts of Roberts Racing Engines, 1375 Deal Road, Mooresville, reported the theft of the V-6 racing heads on Nov. 16.
The theft occurred between June 16 and Nov. 16, according to a Rowan County Sheriff’s Office report.
Other Sheriff’s Office reports or arrests for Nov. 16:
– A juvenile petition was filed against a student at West Rowan High School for disruptive behavior in class on Nov. 13.
– A 1991 Chevy Camaro owned by Janet Pineda, 7135 Old Beatty Ford, Rockwell, was recovered beneath the bridge at Foster Road and the Davie County line.
– Laura Renea Baker reported the theft of money from her home on Safrit Road.
– David Lawrence Hagaman, 17345 Dooley Road, Cleveland, reported the theft of a plow, ratchet straps and fishing equipment with a total value of $685. The items were taken between Oct. 29 and Nov. 16.
– A thief took a flat- screen TV and stereo from a recreational vehicle owned by Bill Plemmons RV World. The vehicle was parked at the 650 W. Ritchie Road home of Mark Trotter, an RV World employee.
The theft occurred between Nov. 14 and Nov. 16.
– Lester Clay Efird, 7308 Stokes Ferry Road, reported the theft of a Honda ATV, a Stihl chainsaw, and a Briggs and Stratton engine from his property. The items taken are valued at $3,000.
The 2004 Rancher is described as green on green.
The theft occurred between 10 a.m. and 5:40 p.m. on Nov. 16.
– Vandalism was reported at the Wildlife Access area at 4450 River Road.
– Sonya Renee Clark reported that she sent money on June 8 to a woman in Nevada for wedding flowers, but they were never delivered as promised.
– James Lee Robinson, 16, was charged with misdemeanor larceny at East Rowan High School.