Sheriff's blotter: Thousands in jewelry stolen from Richfield home
A Richfield man reported more than $7,000 worth of jewelry taken from his home.
Mark Wayne Kemp told Rowan County Sheriff’s deputies someone broke into his home, 5130 Reeves Island Road, on May 20 and took earrings, rings, necklaces, bracelets and chains. The total value of the stolen jewelry was $7,432.
In other sheriff’s reports:- Interiors By Cain reported vandalism where a window was broken causing $1,500 in damages at 2035 N. U.S. 29, Spencer.
– Dexter Leon Harp reported on May 19 the theft of his laptop from his car while it was parked at Wilco Hess at 765 Peeler Road.
– Tyler Kenneth Vick reported on May 19 his vehicle was in a parking lot and when he came back it was damaged at 3541 Old Mocksville Road.
– Bobby Ray Wallace reported on May 19 the theft of a motor scooter at 13525 U.S. 52, Gold Hill.
– David Henrey Dixon reported on May 20 the theft of power tools from a house being remodeled at 1050 Houston Lane, Cleveland.
– Tamisha Lea Honbarrier reported on May 20 someone took medication from her car at 1800 West C St., Kannapolis.
– James David Marple reported on May 20 a burglary from 1045 Mar Rock Drive.
– Graline Gerdale Withers reported on May 20 a larceny from 1035 Old Beatty Ford Road, China Grove.
– Ronnie Campbell reported on May 20 an air conditioning unit taken from a vacant residence at 130 Leisure Lane.
– Paul Joseph Friedt, 44, was charged May 19 with being a fugitive from justice.
– Jeremy Chad Lemly, 31, was charged May 19 with felony larceny of motor vehicle.
– Garry Lemont Cornelius, 27, was charged May 19 with misdemeanor assault on a female.
– Stacey Pearl Rummage, 30, was charged May 19 with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at 319 Foster Lane.
– Diane C. Knight, 58, was charged May 19 with misdemeanor simple assault at 2975 Lipe Road, China Grove.
– James Alan Collins, 38, was charged May 19 with felony larceny at 118 W. Liberty St.
– Weston Harrison Powell, 19, was charged May 19 driving while impaired at 373 Ridgecrest Road.
– Robert James Colson, 29, was charged May 20 with driving while impaired and not having an operator’s license.
– Brandy Rebecca Butler, 29, and Phillip Ramon Martinez were charged May 20 with misdemeanor resist, delay obstruct an officer at 155 Rocky Point, Cleveland. Martinez was also charged with violating a 50-B.
– Donald Paul Gray, 36, was charged May 20 with felony statutory rape offense.
– Mitchell Jacob Kesler, 53, was charged May 20 with misdemeanor assault of a child.
Anyone with information about any of these cases is asked to contact the Salisbury-Rowan Crime Stoppers at 1-866-639-5245.