Five arrested in fight at skating rink
Salisbury Police arrested five people Thursday night in what they believe was a gang confrontation at Sweet Skates skating rink, 2129 Statesville Blvd.
Officers working extra duty at the rink’s weekly Teen Night Out reported hearing several people yell “East Side” and “West Side” as the crowd was leaving the rink.
A fight broke out between the two groups. Officers present told everyone to leave, but no one would listen, according to reports, and the crowd continued to yell obscenities to one another.
The officer on the scene, after realizing that the crowd was not going to disperse, started arresting people.
Several people were arrested and charged with inciting a riot.
– Edith Grisby, 24, was charged with willfully inciting a riot and jailed under a $500 bond.
– Jamal Black, 20, was charged with obstruction with justice and given a $500 bond.
– Dakota Walker, 18, was charged with willfully inciting a riot. He received a written promise to appear in court and was released to his family.
– Demario Bost, 20, was charged with assault on a government official and second-degree trespassing. Bost was given a $2,500 bond and placed in jail.
– Sierra Smith, 19, was charged with willfully inciting a riot. He was given a $500 bond and placed in jail.