Blotter: Police charge woman who lied about husband's whereabouts
According to reports from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office, Shante Smith was arrested at 130 River Country Road, and charged with with resisting, delaying and obstructing a public officer after lying to officers about the location of her husband while the officers were serving an arrest warrant on August 7.
In other reports from the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office:
– Matlock’s Used Cars and Parts, 16055 Cool Springs Road, reported a male suspect drove away with a truck transmission without paying for it on August 7.
– F&M Bank reported a burglary at a vacant home, 2382 Sides Road, on August 7.
– Marvin Oliver reported vandalism to his vehicle at 340 Meadow Lane on August 7.
– Jim Bumgarner, 185 Powell Road, reported burglary from an outside building on August 7. A Saab Plasma Metal Cutter was taken from the victim’s building.
– David Eagle, 6315 Old Beatty Ford Road, reported a 4-wheeler was taken from the victim’s garage area on August 7.
– Donald Crawford, 123 Creekview Drive, reported larceny of a lawnmower on August 7.
– Marcia Salvador, 1104 Chapel St., reported her vehicle was damaged and several items were stolen.
– John Deadmon, 220 Corriher Grange Road, reported an unknown suspect threw a large rock and broke the windshield of his 1994 Chevrolet on August 8.
– Vincent Russell, 525 Russell Farm Road, reported someone entered his garage and stole items on August 8.
– Freedom United Church of God, 1555 Hart Road, reported an unknown suspect cut off a catalytic from the church’s van on August 8.
– Jimmy Watson, 101 Evandale Road, reported burglary on August 8.
– Grafton Therrell reported motor vehicle theft at 2820 Countryside Drive on August 8.
– Donna Rouse, 1755 Sells Road, reported larceny from a motor vehicle on August 8 after a suspect threw a cinderblock through her truck window and took her purse.
– Webster Johnson, 37, was arrested and charged with assualt on a female at 127 Rowan St., on August 7.
– Gregory Bailey, 26, was arrested and charged with breaking and entering a building on August 7 at 2825 Lane St.
– Karl Malina, 48, was charged with resisting, delaying, or obstructing a public officer on August 8 at 2222 Lynn St.
– Patrick Burris, 20, was arrested and charged with possession of a controlled substance on August 8 at 5915 Southern Lane.
– Angelia Sutphin, 29, was arrested on charges of fugitive from justice at 115 E. Liberty St. on August 8.
– Jeremy Roush, 29, was arrested for possession of drug paraphernalia and violation of release order at 1999 Statesville Blvd. on August 9.