Prep Football Preview: Mooresville at South Rowan
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: Mooresville 6-2, 5-1 NPC; South Rowan 4-4, 4-2 NPC
* Series: Mooresville leads 15-5
* Last meeting: Mooresville outscored the Raiders 49-28 in 2007
* Last week: Mooresville beat Statesville 35-28 in an overtime thriller; South went on the road and beat Lake Norman 7-3
* Next week: Mooresville is home against West Iredell; South is at home against West Rowan
* Game notes: Potentially, itís a breakthrough game for South, but Mooresville has owned the series. The neighbors have squared off every year since 1993, and the Blue Devils have taken 12 of 15. South won in 1994, 2000 and 2004.
In 2004, South was a five-win team, but it beat a Mooresville team that kept turning it over by a 40-6 score.
Mooresville scores more than South ó the tally is 239-142 in all games and 181-121 in NPC games ó but Southís defense ranks second in the NPC, just ahead of Mooresville.
Mooresville has been human lately, losing a shocker to Lake Norman and needing OT to beat a Statesville team South had on the ropes.
Mooresvilleís strengths are senior running back Jjshaun Pinkston and a veteran offensive line, but itís not weak anywhere. Pinkston rushed for 149 yards against South as a freshman, 122 as a sophomore and only 63 last season, but QB Nathan Abraham hurt the Raiders in 2007.
South defensive linemen Justin Hall, Jabin Wilson, Steve Erwin, Cadarreus Mason and Kelsey Robinson have been stout, so they could be up to the challenge.
South gets a look at Westís K.P. Parks next week, so it wonít get any easier. Obviously, this is the toughest stretch of the schedule for the Raiders since they opened their slate with Salisbury and A.L. Brown.
From staff reports Cats are supposed to have nine lives. No definite word from insect experts on how many lives... read more