North Rowan at East Davidson
* Time: 7:30 p.m.
* Records: North Rowan 0-6, 0-2 CCC; East Davidson 0-6, 0-2 CCC
* Series: North leads 12-3
* Last meeting: East Davidson prevailed 13-12 in Spencer in 2007
* Last week: North Rowan lost to West Davidson 16-6; East Davidson lost to Salisbury 49-7
* Next week: North is home against Providence Grove; East Davidson is at Central Davidson
* Game notes: A glance at the schedule shows that as bad as itís been for North Rowan, it has a chance to get better this month.
North shouldnít be favored over anyone as long as itís averaging 4.3 points per game, but the Cavaliers have hit the friendly part of their schedule and theyíre staring at three straight winnable games.
East Davidson is 0-6. Central Davidson lost to Salisbury 60-0. New school Providence Grove lost to Central Davidson last week.
North has almost always dominated county passing and receiving stats, so itís unusual to see Northís QB (soph Jesse Rudisell) sixth in passing and leading receiver Sam Mauldin ranking seventh in yardage.
Vince Shropshire, who has carried 47 times for 281 yards, ranks ninth in the county in rushing. O-linemen such as Cedric Donaldson and Travis Honeycutt have really picked it up the last three weeks.
East Davidson has been outscored 216-43 while North has been outscored 166-26. They havenít faced a common opponent.
East Davidson trailed Salisbury 49-0 before it got on the board in the fourth quarter. Sophomore back Dylan Gallimore is the biggest threat for the Golden Eagles.
North has dominated the series, but five fumbles and two failed conversions proved deadly against a very stout, senior-laden East Davidson team last season.
By Dr. Jim Epperson For The Salisbury PostThe Blue Masque Hall of Fame will induct its first class of honorees... read more