Superior Court Sept. 2, Sept. 8
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee
SAAóSubstance abuse assessment
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney
Disposition of cases heard the weeks of Sept. 2 and 8 in Rowan Superior Trial Calendar Court by Judge Susan Taylor:
– Driving while impaired ó Leroy Haskins III, order or remand, also driving while license revoked, order or remand; Chris Domique Spencer, order of remand, also two charges driving while license revoked, 120 days in one case, order of remand in second, also designated lane violation, VD.
– Felony robbery with dangerous weapon ó Darrell Wayne Gulley, also felony possession of firearm by felon, guilty by jury, 117-150 months.
– Attempted incest ó Kenneth Edward Simpson, four charges, also four charges attempted first degree rape of child and one charge selling or delivering controlled substance to minor under age 13, 180-225 months, jail credit, also felony first-degree sexual offense, VD.
– Felony attempted robbery/dangerous weapon ó James Richard Staton, also felony robbery with dangerous weapon and possession of up to a ounce of marijuana, 71-95 months, jail credit, restitution with Holly Cheeks, CAAF, seized money to be turned over to Charles Earnhardt.
– Felony assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury ó Antowane Dennis Koontz, also two charges felony possession with intent to sell and deliver cocaine and one charge felony possession with intent to manufacture, sell and deliver cocaine, 58-79 months, CAAF, SAA treatment recommended.
– Felony robbery with dangerous weapon ó Joseph Shayne Campbell, also felony breaking or entering a motor vehicle and felony second-degree kidnapping, 80-105 months, jail credit, restitution, CAAF, SAA and comply with recommended treatment, seized money to be turned over to Monica Brooker, map to be destroyed after appeal period, video tapes to be returned to Wal-Mart after appeal period.