– First Baptist Church support groups:
DivorceCare, helps you to face challenges and move toward rebuilding your life after separation and divorce, 6:30 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitators, Wayne and Anganetta Dover
Cost, $13 for participant book.
DivorceCare for Kids (DC4K), a biblically based, Christ-centered ministry designed to bring healing to children ages 5-12 who are struggling with the hurt and pain of divorce and separation, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Cost, $13 for workbook.
GriefShare, your journey from mourning to joy, weekly seminar and support group for people who are grieving the death of someone close to them, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitator, Brenda Wheeler. Cost, $13 for participant book.
Hurts, Habits and Hang Ups: Celebrate Recovery, open to individuals with addictive, compulsive and dysfunctional behavior and their loved ones, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays through March 31. Facilitators, Brian Nix. Cost, $13 for participant book.
Family to Family, 12-week NAMI Family to Family Educational course/support group for families of individuals with mental illness (severe brain disorders), 6:30-8 p.m. Thursdays Feb. 7-May 1. Facilitator, David Bullins, certified NAMI “Family to Family” instructor. No cost.
First Place: Renewing Hope, helps participants get back on track toward their goals and find energy for the daily challenges, 6:30-8 p.m. Mondays Feb. 12-April 29. Facilitator, Charlotte Corriher. Cost, $12 for workbook.
– Grief/Share Recovery Seminar and Support Group, 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. every other Thursday, West A Street Church of God, 2211 W. A St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-932-9253 or 704-932-5151.
– HERO Support Group for children ages 5-12 who have witnessed domestic violence, 4 p.m. Tuesdays, 5:30 p.m. Thursdays, Room 214, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– Incest/Rape Survivors Support Group, 5:30 p.m. second and fourth Thursdays, Room 213, St. John’s Lutheran Church. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– John Miller Colon Cancer Support Group, 7 p.m. third Tuesdays, St. John’s Lutheran Church Library. Information, Eva White, 704-212-2362.
– Living in Pink, support and education group for people with breast cancer and survivors of breast cancer, 6 p.m. first Wednesdays, second floor conference room in Rowan Regional Medical Center’s Patient Tower. Information, 704-210-6870.
– Salisbury Lupus Support Group, 1:30 p.m. third Wednesdays, J.F. Hurley YMCA. Information, Joyce Morris, 704-638-0401.
– Men Dealing With Anger for males over age 18 struggling with anger, communication and stress in relationships, 8 p.m. second and fourth Mondays, Room 123, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, Family Crisis Council, 704-636-4718.
– National Alliance on Mental Illness for families, friends and consumers of mental health services, 7 p.m. first and third Tuesdays, Community Room, Rowan Health Services, 1811 E. Innes St. Information, 704-647-0168 or 1-336-284-2964.
– Multiple Sclerosis Self Help Group, 7 p.m. second Mondays, First United Methodist Church, China Grove. Information, Shelley DiDonato, 704-232-7386.
– NarAnon, Mondays and Wednesdays, noon-1 p.m., Gloria Dei Lutheran Church, 1908 Statesville Blvd.; Tuesdays at 6:30 p.m., and Saturdays at 7 p.m., St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St. Information, 704-637-5108 or 704-234-5413.
– Narconon, nonprofit organization dedicated to helping those with drug addictions provides addiction help through consultation 8 a.m.-8 p.m. seven days a week. For help, call 1-800-556-8885.
– Narcotics Anonymous:
Sunday: 6:30 p.m., Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.
Monday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7:30 p.m. Happy Joyous & Free, First United Methodist Church, 209 E. Mill St., Landis, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Tuesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic text study, wheelchair accessible; 6:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground; 7:30 p.m. Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, basic text study, nonsmoking.
Wednesday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, Moore’s Chapel, Monroe and Partee streets, open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking.
Thursday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; Noon, Embracing Reality, Metro Worship Center, 310 Brookdale St., Kannapolis, open discussion, nonsmoking, basic test study, wheelchair accessible; 7:30 p.m. Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., closed discussion, literature study, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Friday: Noon, Omega Group, Mount Zion Baptist Church, Clancy Hills, 1920 Shirley Ave.; 7 p.m. Omega Group, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, 901 S. Church St., open discussion, wheelchair accessible, nonsmoking; 8 p.m., Free to Live, New Hope Lutheran Church, 1615 Brantley Road, Kannapolis, open discussion, candlelight, nonsmoking.
Saturday: 7:30 p.m., Omega Group, St. John’s Lutheran Church, 200 W. Innes St., open discussion, nonsmoking, enter through Jackson Street playground.
Narcotics Anonymous Helplines, 704-639-8010, 1-800-428-4236, 1-800-876-5985 or 1-800-650-3615.
– Our Inspirations, multiple sclerosis self-help group for those newly diagnosed or with mild symptoms, 6:30 p.m. first Monday, First United Methodist Church, 110 Church St., China Grove. Information, 704-279-7129 or 704-857-9713, extension 21.
– Overcomers in Christ, Jericho Outreach addiction recovery program, 7 p.m. Mondays, Grace Bible Church Family Life Center, 6725 E. N.C. 152, Rockwell. Information, 704-279-6820 or Overcomersinchrist@yahoo.com. Also, 7 p.m. Wednesdays, Rockwell Public Library basement. Information, 704-213-6712.
– Overeaters Anonymous, 12-step program for those with a problem with food, yo-yo dieting, bingeing and compulsive overeating, 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, St. Therese Church, Mooresville. Information, 704-658-1179 or 704-319-1625 for other area meetings.
– Parent-to-Parent Support for parents of children with disabilities, chronic illnesses, emotional or behavioral challenges and parents of premature infants, through Family Support Network of Southern Piedmont, call 1-800-650-6526 or 704- 788-1616.
– PFLAG (Parents, Friends and Families of Lesbians and Gays) Support Group, Salisbury/ Rowan chapter, 10 a.m. second Saturdays, Haven Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 207 W.Harrison St. Information, 704-213-0181 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Recovery Anonymous for anyone affected by the disease of chemical dependency, 6:30-7:30 p.m. Sundays, Suite 211, Kent Building, 909 S. Main St. Information, 704-637-0052.- Rowan Epilepsy Support Group, 7 p.m. second Thursdays, First United Methodist Church media room, 217 S. Church St. Information, Carole Young, 704-639-0847or email@example.com or toll-free line to Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, 1-800-642-0500.
– Rowan Parkinson’s Support Group, 1 p.m., first Tuesdays, First Presbyterian Church Education Building, Fisher Street. Information, Peggy Wilson, 704-633-3181.
– Rowan Regional Home Health & Hospice Grief Support Group, day and evening support groups available. Information, 704-637-7645.
– Salisbury Mothers of Multiples Support Group for families of twins, triplets and more, 6:30 p.m. third Thursdays, First United Methodist Church, North Church Street. Information, Suzannah Callahan at 704-647-0445.
– Support Group for Parents Who Have Lost Children Through Death, 5:30 p.m. Sundays through Nov. 14, Kannapolis First Baptist Church, 101 N. Main St., Kannapolis. Information, 704-938-4697 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Surviving Stroke Support Group, 6:15 p.m. first Thursdays in March, June, September and December, Diagnostic Imaging and Physical Rehabilitation Center, Division of Rowan Regional Medical Center, 514 Corporate Circle. Information, 704-210-6918.
– Survivors of Suicide Support Group, 6:30 p.m. biweekly Mondays, St. Marks Lutheran Church, N.C. 150. Information, Renee Moore, 704-857-5193 or email@example.com. Call if you plan to attend.
– TOPS (Take Off Pounds Sensibly), 9-11 a.m. Mondays, Rufty-Holmes Senior Center; 6:15-7:15 p.m. Mondays, Salisbury Mall Police Room, weigh-in 5:30-6:15 p.m. Information, 704-637-9371 or 704-633-1253; 6-7 p.m. Mondays, Country Kitchen room, Carillon Assisted Living, 1915 Mooresville Road, weigh-in 5:30-6 p.m., Leader Maggie Musselwhite, 704-754-6158; 7-8 p.m. Thursdays, Church of God fellowship Building, 509 N.C. 152 East, Rockwell, weigh-in 6 p.m., membership open, $24 annual cost, visitors welcome, Leader Vickey Everhart, 704-279-5260.
– US TOO! Prostate Support Group, 6 p.m. third Thursdays, Rowan Regional Medical Center Cardiac Rehabilitation and Wellness Center, second floor in Kiser Medical Building. Information, 704-639-0942.