Notes from the Farmer’s Market
– This is a good time to arrange for buying tomatoes in quantity for canning.
– Blueberries are still available, but the yield is beginning to slow down.
– There’s still lots of corn.
– Bluebird Acres Farm has dried poppy pods for dried arrangements, as well as packets of poppy seeds to sow in your garden.
– Landis Gourmet Mushrooms has been short on mushrooms, but now has sun-dried apples, as well as backyard apples, fine for pie.
– All melons are plentiful.
The Salisbury-Rowan Farmer’s Market is located at the corner of South Main and Bank streets. Hours are 7 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday. Arrive early for best selection.
ó Compiled by Sara Pitzer
By Susan Shinn email@example.com Three young women from Rowan County have been named all-state cheerleaders. The 30-member group cheered last... read more