Notes from the Farmers Market
– Seng Yang, a new vendor, is selling Asian produce, including greens, lemon grass, basil and daikon.
– Local cantaloupes will be available this week.
– The rule at Country Garden Produce is to bring watermelons to market only after they’ve been able to pick three ripe ones in a row — hopefully by this Saturday.
– Correll Farms expects to have blackberries this week.
– Wild Turkey Farms will be at the market Saturday, with a limited supply of fresh chickens, as well as beef, pork and produce raised without insecticides and chemicals. This is a temporary change from the usual every-other-week schedule.
– Landis Gourmet Mushrooms will have mushrooms again by Saturday.
The market is open from 7 a.m. to 2 p.m., Wednesday and Saturday at the corner of Bank and South Main streets.
ó Compiled by Sara Pitzer
By Megan K. Scott Associated Press News that 17 girls at a Massachusetts high school became pregnant this year is... read more