District Court June 30
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee.
CSWóCommunity service work.
DCóDismissed by the court.
NAóNotice of appeal.
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs.
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney.
Disposition of cases heard June 30 in Rowan District Administrative, Criminal, Traffic and Infractions Court by Judge Charlie Brown:
– Possession of up to 1/2 ounce of marijuana ó Stephanie M. Cato, 15 days, suspended, six months probation, $50 fine, court cost, evidence to be destroyed.
– Driving while license revoked ó Anthony Eugene Byrd, 31 days, credit 31 days served, CAAF; Kevin Jamal Chawlk, DC, also possession of up to 1/2 ounce of marijuana, DC.
– Speeding ó April Clark, DC; John Douglas Peterson, $30 fine, court cost; Lloyd Westley Webb, $15 fine, court cost.
– Assault on a child under age 12 ó Damatrius Crawford, DC.
– School attendance law violation ó Tamara Everhart, 120 days, suspended, 18 months probation including six months intensive probation, $50 fine, court cost; Gary Wayne Houston, Samantha Ann Houston, PJC/C; Leslie M. Karriker, 45 days, suspended, 12 months probation, court cost, CAAF.
– Intoxicated and disruptive ó Ted Geter, six days, credit six days served, also driving while license revoked, unsafe movement, misdemeanor larceny and resisting public officer, VD in all four cases.
– Disorderly conduct ó Tre Hampton, 30 days, suspended, 12 months probation, court cost, CAAF, 48 hours CSW.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó Bernard Jenkins, $50 fine, court cost.
– Public disturbance ó Christopher Roberson, PJC/C; Forest Joenathan Wall, 45 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $50 fine, court cost, CAAF, 48 hours CSW.
– Possession of drug paraphernalia ó Kenneth Alan Roberson, 45 days, suspended, 12 months probation, special probation of two days in jail, credit two days served, NA, court cost, CAAF, 24 hours CSW, also driver failure to wear seat belt, RS, also possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled, revoked registration card/tag, VD, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Improper equipment ó Nancy Lee Rominger, $50 fine, court cost.
-Misdemeanor probation violation ó Robert Cunningham, 120-day sentence activated; Deanna Alexandria Scott, 45-day sentence activated.
– Misdemeanor larceny ó Michael Wayne Tart, 120 days.
– Second-degree trespassing ó Arrington J. Turner, two charges, 20 days in one case, credit three days served, 20 days in second case to run concurrently.