Notes from the Farmers Market
– Corn will be in good supply this week.
– You’ll find enough squash to bake it, fry it, boil it, serve it over ice cream and throw it at invading squirrels.
– Correll Farms expects to have blackberries available.
– Cindy Reynolds of Blue Bird Farm is selling hand-crafted lavender “paddles,” to hang like sachet. And she’s offering to sell zinnias in large quantities at her home for $5 a dozen, a good buy for special occasions. Make arrangements at the market.
– Kristine Turco’s bakery, How Sweet It Is, introduces a new berry muffin this season containing raspberries, blueberries and strawberries.
– Miller Farms is selling an assortment of baked goods, including ready-to-eat ham biscuits.
The market is open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday and Saturday. It’s located at the corner of South Main and Bank streets.
ó Compiled by Sara Pitzer