District Court June 9
CAAFóCourt-appointed attorney fee.
CSWóCommunity service work.
DCóDismissed by the court.
NAóNotice of appeal.
PJC/CóPrayer for judgment continued/court costs.
VDóDismissal without leave by district attorney.
Disposition of cases heard June 9 in Rowan District Criminal, Traffic and Infractions Court by Judge Marshall Bickett:
– Driving while impaired ó John Lindsay Blackwell, 60 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW, NA; Mario Wendell Taylor, 60 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, 24 hours CSW, NA, also hit-run/failure to stop/property damage, VD.
– Speeding ó Denise Counadis Chase, Emerald Florence Hall, Kimberly Upright Pepper, PJC/C; Sohaib Mohiuddin, Chanel Sheree Roper, $15 fine, court cost.
– Failure to reduce speed ó Sidney Demond Chunn, Rickeshia T. Walker, VD; Matthew Scott Mitchell, also expired registration card/tag, VD.
– Exceeding safe speed ó Shea Edward Cook, VD.
– Simple assault ó Michelle Lee Corriher, DC.
– Failure to notify Department of Motor Vehicles of address change ó Angela Griffin Dalton, Shekenna Yvonne Thomas, $50 fine, court cost; Oriemaine J. Sabol, also rear lamps violation, VD.
– Expired/no inspection sticker ó Raymond Dalton, also possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled, revoked registration card/tag, VD.
– Operating vehicle with no insurance ó Shavonda N. Greene, also failure to secure passenger under age 16 and possessing/displaying fictitious, cancelled, revoked registration card/tag, $25 fine, court cost; Gregory Aaron Meadows, also driving/allowing motor vehicle with no registration to be driven and expired/no inspection sticker, VD in all three cases.
– Injury to personal property ó John O’Bryan Hawkins, 45 days, suspended, 24 months probation, court cost, CAAF, restitution.
– Contributing to delinquency of juvenile ó Michelle Marie Hudson, three charges, PJC/C in one case, VD in other to cases.
– School attendance law violation ó Jody Allen Leazer, Wendy Leazer, two charges, 45 days, suspended 24 months, $25 fine, court cost, no unexcused absences.
– Speeding in highway work zone ó Russell Lee Mitchell, $250 fine, court cost, also expired/no inspection sticker, VD.
– Shoplifting concealment of goods ó Lindsay Gray Nelson, 10 days, suspended, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, remain away from Food Lion in Spencer.
– Driving while license revoked ó Teresa Dianne Owens, PJC/C; Vincent Price Jr., 13 days, credit time served.
– Trespassing on railroad right-of-way ó Rennel Jeffrey Parson, $25 fine, court cost.
– Assault on a female ó Michael A. Penberton, DC.
– Misdemeanor larceny ó Crystal Roshanda Rice, PJC/C.
– Possession of up to a ounce of marijuana ó Mitchell S. Whitaker, 12 months probation, $100 fine, court cost, evidence to be destroyed, drug education course, 24 hours CSW.