Blotter: Counterfeit bills passed at gas stations
Counterfeit money has been passed at two local gasoline/convenience stores, according to the Salisbury Police Department.
The first incident occurred at 12:35 p.m. March 6 at Pop Shoppe West, 1831 W. Innes St.
The second occurred at 9:43 p.m. March 6 at Rushco No. 16, 1518 E. Innes St.
In other Police Department reports:
– Shirley Ross Hinson reported a credit card fraud occurred between Jan. 13 and 26 at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Laura Marie Brady reported her motor vehicle stolen March 4 from the parking lot at Salisbury Mall, 1935 W. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– Alton Donald McLamroc reported a March 5 vandalism at 912 Lisk St.
– A vandalism was reported the night of March 4 at Randy Hall Auto Sales, 1500 S. Jake Alexander Blvd.
– A larceny from coin-operated machines was reported March 5 at Coin Star at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– Lesha D. Grant reported a March 5 larceny at 715 Hall St.
– Debra Feamster Nwafor reported items stolen from her vehicle while it was parked near the intersection of East Liberty and North Lee streets March 5.
– A March 5 vandalism was reported at Enterprise Leasing Co., 1014 E. Innes St.
– Enchantra Harwood Beattie reported a March 5 vandalism at 1614 Standish St.
– Harold Wayne Yost reported a March 5 vandalism at Wal-Mart, 323 S. Arlington St.
– A 38-year-old woman reported she was assaulted March 5 at 129 W. 11th St.
– Troy Wayne Nease reported items stolen from his vehicle while it was parked at 715 E. Innes St. March 5.
– Arnold Newton reported a March 5 vandalism at 431 E. Innes St.
– Tracey Litaker Turner reported a March 5 vandalism at 213 Harrell St.
– Aregenail Graham reported a fraud by false pretense March 5 at 236 Pearl St.
– Barion Lee Hairston, 43, address given as streets of Salisbury, was charged March 5 with being a felony fugitive from justice. He was held pending pickup by U.S. Marshals.
– Paul Damon Walker, 19, 809 Park Ave., was charged March 6 with shoplifting. Trial date is April 17.
– An 18-year-old male was robbed at gunpoint March 5 of a cell phone and cash at 1710 Old Wilkesboro Road.
– Two female suspects bought $1,174.23 worth of merchandise with forged checks March 5 at Office Depot, 715 E. Innes St.
– A Wal-Mart employee was assaulted by a suspect who snatched a video game system from him and then fled from the 323 S. Arlington St. store about 11 p.m. March 5.
– Derrick Vincent Gathings reported his wallet was stolen around 1 a.m. March 6 at Waffle House, 936 S. Jake Alexander Blvd., and a check card inside it was then used at Kmart about 8 a.m. the same day.
– Travis Lee Davis reported a vending machine was removed from 725 E. Liberty St. March 6.
– Jennifer Carriker Auten reported someone tried to break into her vehicle while it was parked at Rowan Regional Medical Center, 612 Mocksville Ave., March 6.
– Marcelina Lopez Reyna reported vandals caused $400 damage to her vehicle while it was parked at 2520 E. Innes St. March 6.
– Mike Johnson, 1210 Davis St., reported his puppy was stolen March 6 from his fenced yard.
– Kenneth Alan Roberson, 24, 200 Crescent Heights Road, was charged March 6 with possession of drug paraphernalia following a traffic stop in the 100 block of North Shaver Street. He was held under $1,000 secured bond pending a March 24 trial date.
Chancellor’s List The following local students have been named to the fall semester chancellor’s list at the University of North... read more