More etiquette with Ester
Published 12:00 am Sunday, January 7, 2007
Q. As a follow-up to last week’s column on YMCA etiquette, would you please do a column on locker room and bathroom etiquette, too?
A. First of all HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It will be my pleasure to address that subject.
* Flush the commode after you are done. When you are finished “doing a number 2,” give it an extra courtesy flush.
* After you wash your hands, turn off the faucet.
* Throw the paper towels in the trash.
(Unbelievably, that is why the trashcan is there. When you drop trash by accident, pick it up and try again.)
* Women, do not flush anything other than toilet paper down the toilet. It will clog up the whole system.
* Clean the commode lid when you “sprinkle.”
* DO NOT CHANGE CLOTHES IN THE BATHROOM STALLS. We have locker rooms to change in. It is very frustrating (especially when you really have to go!) to find someone changing clothes in there.
On to the locker room!
* LOCK your valuables. Just because you are hiding them does not mean they can’t be found.
* Keep your time to color your hair for home or the beauty shop.
* When without clothes, put a towel down before you sit down! That includes the sauna and steam room and benches.
* Don’t shave in the steam room.
* When people are waiting to take a shower, please keep your shower short.
* Please do not leave any sanitary products around (used or unused!).
* Love your body but watch how you share it!
It is all about respect isn’t it? Happy New Year!
Contact Ester Hoeben Burgess with health and fitness questions at 704-636-0111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.