Sunday fire caused by electrical problem

  • Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 12:17 a.m.

A structure fire early Sunday morning in Salisbury was caused by an electrical problem, according to Battalion Chief Jay Baker.

The fire was contained to one room in the small, one story home at 1309 N. Main St. near Henderson Independent High School. No injuries were reported.

The fire was called in at 12:37 a.m. and was extinguished soon after fire crews arrived.

Notice about comments: is pleased to offer readers the ability to comment on stories. We expect our readers to engage in lively, yet civil discourse. cannot promise that readers will not occasionally find offensive or inaccurate comments posted in the comments area. Responsibility for the statements posted lies with the person submitting the comment, not If you find a comment that is objectionable, please click "report abuse" and we will review it for possible removal. Please be reminded, however, that in accordance with our Terms of Use and federal law, we are under no obligation to remove any third party comments posted on our website. Full terms and conditions can be read here.

Do not post the following:

  • Potentially libelous statements or damaging innuendo.
  • Obscene, explicit, or racist language.
  • Personal attacks, insults or threats.
  • The use of another person's real name to disguise your identity.
  • Comments unrelated to the story.