News quiz answers
1. C. Landlord Terry Parham found the box of ashes last year in his rental property in Kannapolis. This past week, Parham was able to track down the remains as being those of Norway.
2. B. The mall doors open at 8 a.m.
3. B. In 1945, the German Bible was given to their late father, the Rev. Roy Fisher, in appreciation for his delivering Bibles to the men on trial.
4. A. Jim Duncan also has worked locally with the Salvation Army to establish Project-FIGHT Rowan County. FIGHT stands for Free Individuals who are Gripped by Human Trafficking.
5. C. The Kannapolis Rotary Club sponsored the event, which will probably lead to the purchase of a house for students.
6. B. The only off days for students before Christmas will be Sept. 1, Oct. 27, Nov. 11, Nov. 26-28 and Dec. 24-25.
7. D. The end of the first semester in Kannapolis Schools will be Jan. 16, 2015.
8. A. The $50 is called a student technology fee. The laptops return to the school system at the end of each year.
9. D. At least 700 people had obtained free tickets to hear Guraedy speak this morning at the Faith Lutheran Church Family Life Center.
10. C. The Spencer Historic Preservation Commission will require the builder to replace shiny aluminum frames with brushed aluminum windows instead.