Police: Teen cited for marijuana possession while doing a good deed
Police issued a citation to a Salisbury teen for marijuana possession who was doing a good deed for a woman who asked him to keep an eye on her home.
Zachery Rogers, 16, of the 100 block of East 11th Street, received a citation for simple possession of marijuana. The drugs were found on him at a home in the 1200 block of North Church Street.
The homeowner asked Rogers and an 18-year-old teen to watch her home. The two teens saw two juveniles enter the woman’s home through a window, but weren’t able to catch who’d gone inside.
A bicycle was left inside that was believed to belong to one of the suspects, but it was not clear from the report if any items were taken. Police initially detained Rogers and the 18-year-old before it was determined they had permission to be inside. While they were detained, Rogers and the other teen were searched, a report said.
In other police news:
• A woman reported Tuesday her home was damaged by gunfire in the 400 block of East Lafayette Street.
• Artistic Images reported Tuesday a vandalism occurred in the 300 block of Mocksville Avenue.
• GameStop reported Tuesday a fraud in the 200 block of Faith Road.
• Amber Lynn Pierontoni, 24, was charged Tuesday with simple assault in the 1300 block of Rachel Lane.
In sheriff’s reports:
• A woman reported Monday a larceny in the 7700 block of Howard Avenue.
• A man reported Monday someone removed a tool bag from a truck in the 200 block of Faith Farm Road.
• A truck driver reported Monday his ATM card was missing and so was $500 from his account in the 100 block of Carswell Road, Mount Ulla.
• A woman reported Monday a knife assault by her juvenile son after she took his Ipad in the 100 block of Carriage Lane.
• A woman reported Monday someone stole her firearm and money after breaking into her home in the 1600 block of Saw Road.
• Bradley Scott Walker, 26, was charged Monday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 500 block of Pruitt Williams Road, Woodleaf.
• Brucey Carlton Hancock, 21, was charged Monday with being a fugitive from justice at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Christopher Paul Powell, 31, was charged Monday with felony obtaining property by false pretenses at the Rowan County Magistrate’s Office.
• Eduardo Mejia Munoz, 31, was charged Monday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule II in the 70500 north Interstate 85/Webb Road, China Grove.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.