Blotter: Rockwell man charged with cruelty to animals
Rowan County Animal Control charged a Rockwell man with animal cruelty after discovering one of his dogs was injured and had not received proper medical care.
Charles “Buzzy” Walton, 45, of the 2900 block of Emanuel Church Road, was charged with one count cruelty to animals and two counts allowing dogs to run at large, both misdemeanors.
An arrest warrant said Walton allowed a female pit bull named Lucky and a female pit bull named Honey to run loose from his Rockwell property.
Authorities said Lucky had numerous wounds on her body. Walton has since been released from the Rowan County jail under $1,500 bond.
He has past convictions of receiving stolen goods, communicating threats, damage to property, indecent liberties with a child, assault on a female, possession of drug paraphernalia and failing to register as a sex offender.
In Salisbury Police reports:
• A man reported Friday someone stole his vehicle sometime early Thursday morning and early Friday morning in the 1200 block of Old Wilkesboro Road.
• A man reported Friday someone stole his vehicle sometime late Thursday and early Friday in the 500 block of Cedar Street.
• A larceny was reported Friday from a building in the 200 block of Klumac Road.
• A man reported Friday a vandalism in the 200 block of West 12th Street.
• A woman reported Friday someone took items from her vehicle in the 1200 block of Old Wilkesboro Road sometime between June 28 and July 4.
• A woman reported Friday someone took items from her vehicle in the 100 block of Mahaley Avenue sometime between June 24 and July 4.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism in the 500 block of Elm Street.
• A man reported Saturday a larceny in the 1300 block of Faith Road.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism in the 300 block of Oakview Drive.
• A man reported Saturday a vandalism occurred Thursday in the 500 block of East Cemetery Street.
• A woman reported Sunday someone fired shots in the area and struck her home in the 900 block of West Horah Street.
• A man reported Monday a larceny in the 2000 block of Statesville Boulevard.
• Elbert Leon Chambers, 50, was charged Friday with misdemeanor resist, obstruct, delay an officer in the 700 block of Hall Street.
• Christopher Evandal Edward Evans, 23, was charged Friday with misdemeanor assault on a female in the 1100 block of Barbour Street.
• Caitlin Fitzgerald Allen, 27, was charged Sunday with simple assault in the 1100 block of Sidney Drive.
In Sheriff’s Office reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday a vandalism in the 2200 block of Grandeur Drive.
• Ronald Brian Pritt, 38, was charged at the magistrate’s office Wednesday with felony larceny.
• Angel Mae Vanderburg, 34, and Robert Thomas Vanderburg, 31, were charged Wednesday, each with misdemeanor larceny in the 200 block of Wiles Road, Gold Hill.
• Otis Brandon Smith, 16, was charged at the magistrate’s office Wednesday with misdemeanor simple assault.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.