Blotter: Woman charged with marijuana possession after traffic stop
Members of the Rowan County Sheriff’s Office Aggressive Criminal Enforcement Team conducted a traffic stop on Liberty and North Main streets Wednesday morning, charging Flora Jeannette Hancock, 37, with misdemeanor possession of a controlled substance schedule VI.
Authorities found a small amount of marijuana in her car. She was charged and released a report said.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• A man reported Wednesday his car was stolen between 5:18 pm Tuesday and 5:17 p.m. Wednesday from the 200 block of Hideaway Drive in Kannapolis.
• A woman reported Wednesday her car was broken into and items were taken from it in the 1000 block of Percy Lane, Rockwell.
• Amy Rebecca Gulledge, 37, was charged Wednesday with felony habitual felon in the 200 block of North Main Street.
• Rowan deputies served arrest warrants for Adrian Sanchez Jackson, 25, an inmate at Piedmont Correctional, who was charged by Davidson County authorities with first-degree attempted murder and felony possession of firearm by a felon. The incident occurred March 8.
In police reports:
• A man reported Thursday someone stole items from his vehicle in the 400 block of Windsor Drive.
• A man reported Thursday a larceny in the 500 block of Alexander Lane.
• Police found marijuana Thursday in a hotel room at the Executive Inn, 2118 S. Main St.
• Raymond Wellington Bryant, 42, of Hickory, was charged Thursday with misdemeanor unauthorized use of motor vehicle.
Contact reporter Shavonne Potts at 704-797-4253.