Blotter: Stun gun comes out after property owner causes a disturbance
Rowan Sheriff’s deputies charged a Kannapolis man with punching the friend of a tenant, cursing at officers and a firefighter, and causing a scene on property he owns. A deputy had to also stun the man with a Taser.
Harold Richard Gee, 63, was charged with simple assault, second-degree trespass, disorderly conduct and resist, obstruct, delay an officer.
Reports said Gee initially called authorities. Then, dispatchers received a call from Terroll Neely and Michelle Starnes, both saying Gee had punched Neely. The two were in the yard in the 400 block of Gee Drive taking a picture of a Jeep they planned to sell.
Neely and Starnes said Gee began using racial slurs toward Neely and cursing at them. Starnes, who rents the property, and Neely asked Gee to leave, but he refused. Fire and EMS officials arrived to tend to Neely’s injury. Gee cursed at a firefighter, who parked a truck in his driveway. He cursed at a deputy and resisted when officers tried to handcuff him.
The report said a deputy used the Taser’s drive stun, a mode that doesn’t incapacitate but causes pain.
In other sheriff’s reports:
• Litaker Garage reported Tuesday a break-in had occurred sometime between 9 p.m. Monday and 6 a.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of Julian Road.
• A woman reported Tuesday her daughter assaulted her in the 200 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
• A woman reported Tuesday the theft of scrap metal from the 6600 block of Goodman Lake and Hickory Hollow roads.
• A man reported a burglary that occurred sometime between 12 p.m. April 4 and 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 17000 block of Dooley Road, Cleveland.
• A man reported Tuesday someone broke into his home in the 1100 block of Cannon Farm Road, China Grove.
• A man reported Tuesday someone broke into his home in the 600 block of Kepley Road.
• Lisa Marie Messer, 17, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor simple assault in the 200 block of Zion Church Road, Gold Hill.
• Kyle Thornton Mackay, 25, was charged Tuesday with possession with the intent to manufacture, sell, deliver a scheduled VI controlled substance in the 600 block of Lipe Road in Mount Ulla.
• Regenia Dyson Rogers, 49, was charged Tuesday with misdemeanor possession of a controlled schedule III substance and misdemeanor carrying a concealed weapon at U.S. 152 and U.S. 153, Salisbury.
• Billy James Aldridge, 40, was charged Tuesday with felony sexual offense of a child in the 200 block of North Main Street.
In police reports:
• A woman reported Wednesday the vandalism of a vehicle and residence window in the 600 block of Catawba Road.
• A man reported a burglary Wednesday in the 600 block of Brownrigg Road.
• Wendy Shaver Hebb, 33, was charged Wednesday in the 300 block of Mahaley Avenue with simple assault.
• Brian David Hinkle, 46, was charged Wednesday in the 300 block of Mahaley Avenue with assault on a female by male over 18 years of age.
• Frank John Walker, 51, was charged Wednesday in the 1900 block of West Jake Alexander Boulevard with misdemeanor larceny.
• Clay Allen Swaim, 18, of Stoneybrook Road, was issued a citation Wednesday for simple possession of marijuana.